Payment declinded I reached my spending limit!!! What the heck is this?

yournotinks
New Community Member

I don't get it ! Link my checking or get Ebay mastercard what a crock!!!! I have no limit on my card why would I want another and I don't want to ink my bank accounts to a pay pal account!

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Wyatt
Contributor
Contributor

Don't tease me,Jimmol! It's been so long since I used it,has anything changed? I'm still worried about using it. I appreciate you letting me know and I'll keep you and everyone else posted about if it works or not (with me) as soon as possible.  sleepless-nights

Login to Me Too

Wyatt
Contributor
Contributor

CONGRADULATIONS,JIMMOL! I'M REAL HAPPY YOU GOT YOURS WORKING WORKING! MINE? STILL THE SAME OLD GARBAGE! HAVE ANY SECRETS YOU WOULD SHARE WITH A DOWN AND OUT FELLER LIKE ME? LATER, WYATT-SLEEPLESS-NIGHTS

Login to Me Too

jimmol
Contributor
Contributor

Wyatt, do you already have a credit card on file? Did you get an email saying you had reached your limit?

I didn't do anything except report the email I received as fraud since it asked for my checking information or personal information for their visa. It did not use my primary email so that may have helped. 

Jim

Login to Me Too

Wyatt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Jim for gettin back with me and for caring! I don't have any credit cards let alone one hooked up with them! I have always done business through my checking account and never before had any problems. Man,I'm going to try reporting a fraud like you did and see what happens! And yes I did receive a email stating I have gone over my limit,seems like a forever ago I got that email and a half dozen others just like it!!! Thanks again man,and wish me the best. I'LL BE BACK! Wyatt

Login to Me Too

Interloper
Contributor
Contributor

Unless local laws limit you, you should be able to have another bank account that you keep $20 in.

PayPal is setting industry records in the issuing of new credit cards. How they are going about it is just part of a cost/benefit analysis. It falls under the category of "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission". At some point they might lose a percentage if the feds were to bring an anti-trust suit but when the smoke cleared, their cost would be very small compared to the benefit.

Next year could bring an annual membership fee on your new card, deducted from your PayPal account for your convenience. That's what I would do. Most would pay it. You would have already applied for credit once so the odds of being declined elsewhere will be high for many members. Nothing wrong with an annual fee though. The cards that have them tend to have alot of benefits.

Login to Me Too

gregrb

IPicture2.jpg called PayPal  >> press zero or say 'Agent' to get to a human (thanks 'GetHuman' app on iPhone for the number)) regarding this issue. They said for security reasons that have to
verify my account. This is Bull Schmack. Just like all of you, there is no way in hizell I am giving them my bank info. Lets be the squeaky wheels. I have read other posts regarding this issue on this forum and many of them have been blocked from making comments by PP employees.... hmmmmmmmm?.?.?.?.?

What are my other, widely used payment options?? Google Checkout?

Not sure if this will work but try a different debit or credit card and create a new account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.