Account verification and the user agreement

Stumpy1069
Contributor
Contributor

.1 PayPal is Only a Payment Service Provider. PayPal helps you make payments to and accept payments from third parties. PayPal is an independent contractor for all purposes, except that PayPal acts as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds. PayPal does not have control of, or liability for, the products or services that are paid for with the PayPal Services. We do not guarantee the identity of any User or ensure that a buyer or a Seller will complete a transaction.

paypal states they are only a payment provider and cannot guarantee the identity of any user.  That is B/S. They can tell you the identity of the user, where they live, where they work, what utility company they use and where they ate dinner last night.  so item number 1 in their user agreement is a LIE so you know the rest of it is.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Stumpy1069 wrote:

.1 PayPal is Only a Payment Service Provider. PayPal helps you make payments to and accept payments from third parties. PayPal is an independent contractor for all purposes, except that PayPal acts as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds. PayPal does not have control of, or liability for, the products or services that are paid for with the PayPal Services. We do not guarantee the identity of any User or ensure that a buyer or a Seller will complete a transaction.

paypal states they are only a payment provider and cannot guarantee the identity of any user.  That is B/S. They can tell you the identity of the user, where they live, where they work, what utility company they use and where they ate dinner last night.  so item number 1 in their user agreement is a LIE so you know the rest of it is.

They can, so if someone stole you idenity and created a bank, credit card and paypal account, paypal should guarantee it's really you.

Or what if someone takes over your ebay and paypal accounts using a key logger and startes accepting paypal payments...paypal hopes its realy you, but in fact it might not be you.  Thats one reason why they have a buyer protection plan.

Login to Me Too

Stumpy1069
Contributor
Contributor

My point being is once I sent all the requested information down to copy of social, driver's license, power bills, writeen statements, my account is still locked with 1100.00 in it which I desperately need and they won't release it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.