Why does it take so long to transfer funds?

nd16185
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a reason that it takes several days to put money on a PayPal Debit card..  Why can they only spend $3,000/day?  Are these policies to prevent scams and fraud, or just to waste users time?

Are there ways to make larger paypal transactions online?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

disgrunted
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know, but tomorrow will be a week and my funds still have not cleared.  Money was deducted from my checking last week and still is not available on paypal.  i spent over 300 minutes on cell phone trying to get someone from

paypal to assist.  I finally got a senior level manager who said he wiould set up a conference call with my bank and would call me back in 10 minutes.  That was four days ago, and my bank had already did their part and released the

money.  I think it is a scam for paypal to earn interest on our money.  They blame the Federal Reserve Bank.  Yeah right! 

Login to Me Too

akabogey
New Community Member

Of course it's a scam, why is it when we BUY something online, it's taken instantly from our accounts, whether bank checking, credit card, etc.  BUT our money mysteriously takes days, a week to get from our bank to paypal.  There is BIG money in that FLOAT, as it used to be called in the pre computer days, ie: the float between a transaction originating and a transaction finalizing.  With Paypal basically having a monopoly over Ebay payments, they probably think they can get away with anything they want to, and do so..  I've bought much less on Ebay in the last year because of this, I'm very turned off with the restrictions on paying some other way than Paypal (yes they have Paymate, etc.. but no one uses them, maybe they should).

Login to Me Too

Amative
Contributor
Contributor

The $3000 dollars makes sense, above that the Federal reseve would start to be involved, that is why their federal reserve arguement doesn't hold ground with me.

I am really upset, I have 10 auctions that have completed, and I should have had the money by now! So all the sellers are waiting and there is nothing I can say to them, and most of them take paypal only. Even the ones who do take another form, the money is in limbo, there is nothing I can do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.