What is the Max account balance allowed

chacia
New Community Member

I have searched everywhere I can for this answer and I end up not finding anywhere. Or end up with an answer that would answer something else but in the nature of what I am seeking. Anyway

I want to know what if any max there is to an account balance? What do I mean by this, well an example would be. My bank, My personal savings/checking will allow me a max of 170,000 dollars in my account before its either not insured for anything more than that 170k or I need to open a second account and fill it up to 170k then open a third, repeat, 4th repeat, 5th and so on.. I know paypal only allows you one account per tax id so that said is there a maximum like my bank has that I can save in my paypal account.. if so how much, and does anyone have any link to an official doc of any sort about this subject

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Chacia,

As far as I know, there is not a maximum account balance.  Fill it as full as you'd like!  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

r00t4rd3d
Contributor
Contributor

Be warned paypal is an un-american company that can freeze your account and money for nothing.

I would think twice before putting more then 1 dollar in your account here.

Login to Me Too

mauiwind
New Community Member

The PayPal corporation has demonstrated that they can and will, arbitrarily  lock you out of your money and hold you hostage with your access to money.  ARE YOU NEXT?  All you have to do to be kicked out of PayPal is be SUSPECT to violating their terms of service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.