scam/phishing email

Troutty
Contributor
Contributor

I really should know better, I just received an email thanking me for my purchase - there hasn't been one, rather hurriedly I blocked the sender  and if it's not too late I would quite like to track them down.  Am obviously keeping an eye on my account.  Unfortunately can't find the message in trash or deleted items.  Not even sure this is the right board, apologies for any errors, like I said, I should know better!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there Troutty,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to hear that you received this kind of email. In general, you can recognise if an email is coming from PayPal when the greeting is impersonal or generic, if the message requires you to click on links or to download attachments and if it conveys a sense of urgency. Also, please note that PayPal will never request that you provide personal or sensitive information via email. 

If it happens again, I would suggest not to click on links, not to open attachments and not to respond to it. You can find further information and a video on this matter here

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.