eBuyer received refund just before he received the parcel now he doesn't want to pay

vapexpl
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a few items to the guy on Ebay who lives in Chile (he has only positive feedbacks). As he lives far away, the parcel to such a distant location travels much longer than usual (from Poland to Chile that's over 13000 km). After a month or so he opened the case item not received. I asked him to wait a little bit longer so he did, but then after a week he asked for a full refund. Ebay gave him a full refund and a week after that he received the items he bought from me. I did have a tracking number and the parcel was insured also the signature was required upon arrival (Tracked & Signed Parcel) - he knew about this and the tracking number was submitted to eBay on time. I did send him a few emails and PayPal invoice but didn't hear from the guy at all. I also asked Ebay for help but the Seller protection last only for 30 days. Is there anything else I can do to get my money back? Is there PayPal seller protection at all?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vapexpl

Gosh you must have sent 'surface' because I can send a parcel internationally and it gets there in about a week.

Your seller protection is providing paypal with a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

As buyers can open disputes 7 days post payment AND after escalation you only get another 10 days then why would you send an item that would take a month to get there?  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vapexpl
Contributor
Contributor

I send by the national postal service provider, this simply means the cheapest and the most secure delivery type but it takes ages to reach overseas destination. If I would use any other delivery type nobody would ever buy from me because of the shipping cost. Other shipping methods are couriers which are al least 2-3 times more expensive. On every Ebay listing there is note from ebay saying: Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 10 business days with estimated delivery type from 15-30 days. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vapexpl

Then thats the risk you take unfortunately.

You either send the slowest and cheapest way and then prepare to lose any disputes for non receipt OR

send the fastest way where you will then win disputes but would be uneconomic for you ...catch 22 unfortunately.

You may need to look into another payment processor.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.