Using checkout to make purchases from a multi user business account

jenfraggle
Contributor
Contributor

We have a business account with multiple users but only the original account holder is able to use the checkout to pay for things on websites as it insists on an email address and the other users just have usernames.  These additional users have access to make payments via Paypal but this doesn't work when checking out.  Is there any way to get around this?  At the moment we are relying on one person to be able to make payments which isn't convenient if that person is unavailable and we need to order something.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Intars

Hi jenfraggle,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

To resolve this, your business account administrator should set full transactions permissions for additional users. 

You might need to try contacting us directly and we can provide the steps while you are on the phone with us.

To get in contact with customer services, you can try clicking the Contact Us icon and then the Call Us.

Intars

Login to Me Too

NABennett
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to sort this problem as I have exactly the same issue? - i.e. the merchant website requires an email address to be entered, which an additional user does not have.  We have been able to process payments if the particular user is already logged into Paypal.com (using their UserID and password) within a different tab on the same web browser but this is not at all ideal.  Surely all it would need is for additional users on a business account to have their email addresses entered as part of the setup?! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.