Unknown address in "Ship To" options

Tayberry
Contributor
Contributor

This evening I paid for a transaction using Paypal. Instead of using my default shipping address I clicked on "Change" and entered a different address, that of a relative. Whilst browsing through my choice of addresses I noticed a strange name and address that I have never heard of. The address was a PO Box in Colorado, USA. I live in the United Kingdom and have never lived anywhere else so I would not have anything shipped to the USA.

I can only think that at some point in the past, someone accessed my account remotely and tried to have goods shipped to themselves. I wasn't able to delete this address which was a bit worrying. I haven't noticed any fraudulent transactions recently and have used PayPal too many times to trace back all my purchases over the years.

Is there any way to delete this unknown address from my "Ship To" list? I've already tried going to My Profile > My Details > Address > Show All Addresses, but this unknown address is not appearing in there!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

It sounds like the address as you say may have had or tried to have something shipped to it in the past.

It may have been entered on the eBay side when trying to make payment and the address wasn't actually added to your PayPal account.

These addresses can be removed by PayPal if you were to send in an email or call and request the address to be removed.

They may be also check when it was added and review the payments on your account at this time. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

It sounds like the address as you say may have had or tried to have something shipped to it in the past.

It may have been entered on the eBay side when trying to make payment and the address wasn't actually added to your PayPal account.

These addresses can be removed by PayPal if you were to send in an email or call and request the address to be removed.

They may be also check when it was added and review the payments on your account at this time. 

Login to Me Too

Tayberry
Contributor
Contributor

Hi lucy

Many thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggested and email PayPal to request removal of the address. Woman Happy

Login to Me Too

scorpiozen
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here...I was able to edit my profile though and remove the fraudulent shipping address. It was some girl in Connecticut as a shipping address but I live in Massachusetts & never put any shipping address other than my billing address. In fact, I have never used my Paypal account which has been open for over 2 years, other than to deposit .30 from AppRedeem. I just recently received a Smart Connect Credit Card from Paypal after being denied for their Paypal MasterCard. Now all of a sudden, I have 5 fraudulent transactions that are being reviewed as open dispute cases totalling over $500, that Smart Connect is billing me for (because they paid Paypal) 5All transactions were San Jose, CA & consisted of 3 sellers out of the US! One seller emailed me asking me to return the "coins" he sent "me" & then he would issue refund. I check my account on a whim last night & discovered all of this fraudulent activity
Login to Me Too

thiagovalenti
Contributor
Contributor

Wait wait: "These addresses can be removed by PayPal if you were to send in an email or call and request the address to be removed."

Is this for real? You're saying there isn't a feature to manage addresses on your PayPal account apart from emaling or even CALLING someone to remove them?

My bank is more efficient than that in terms of changing addresses, honestly.

Login to Me Too

jopegs

here is my response to pay-pal after they denied my appeal after I tried to return an item that was sent to me that I did not order....1st it took a month to get after winning an item, which was not the item I won, closed case because they could not verify sellers tracking # that I received product, was given wrong address to return, filed appeal,  they denied appeal because postal service did not offer service to postal code on their acct from seller & I could not get a tracking #... They keep running me in circles ......Just so I understand... As long as I have a tracking # that it was sent... It does not matter where it goes to just as long as I have a tracking #.... Because the address you supplied me with has NO postal service to that postal code... So if I just send it anywhere to china & get a tracking # I can get my money back ?????? Now as I read below I see an address... soooooo I check  it and guess what... It is different than the one you gave me 2 wks ago... So am I now suppose to try this address???????? He even has a different name now.... Go figure !!!!!!!! Can you say FRAUD ... I will do what ever it takes to resolve this... Will attempt to get a tracking # for the new address & person below ....Oh long do you let the fraudulent sellers get way with stuff like this...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.