Someone using our email address to open Paypal account & Paypal won't help us.

kreelman
Contributor
Contributor

I've a situaition that here that is extremly stressful.

My wife owns a shop and wants to open and attach a PayPal account to it.

We find that someone has recently opened an account using her email address and set up two factor sign in.

We keep getting emails from paypal that have nothing to do with us using my wifes email. She's not autherized any paypal accounts or anything so how on earth is someone using her email to defraud other poor souls when it's not even been verified from her email address.

I've emailed Paypal, I've phoned Paypal, I've emailed them again notifying them of the situation and they seem like they have as much power over their own system as a flatulance in a storm. They wanted us to contact microsoft and tell them to call paypal saying we own the email. I call microsoft and appently we can only be eligable for support if we pay their $99 support fee and even then they wouldn't do that as it's not something they do anyway! Paypal won't give us any details despite us supplying info on the emails, the account name its been opened up in and other details.

It's crazy. I just want a stop put to this account. Paypal have the persons numbers and address's. Why cant they contact 'them' and say they're sending an email that they must reply to else their account will be suspended. The person wouldn't be able to respond as it would come to us and we could stop all this.

It's so stressful knowing that fraud is occuring, notifying the fact and being told that there's nothing that can be done.

It's crazy. Any ideas anyone how I can stop this please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure they can open a paypal account and do anything with it if they can't verify the email address as the verification would come to you??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kreelman
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, thanks for replying. No that's exaclty what I would have thought but we're getting emails about how monies have been refunded to the account from sellers etc. We had an email from paypal the other day asking us to rate the telephone help system so I recon they've phoned paypal with some excuss about not being able to verify and done it that way. Could they have changed the email address and verified that, but then why would we still be getting emails from paypal? I don't know but it's so frustrating and effecting the business as we're having to do a workaround for payments. Just to add, it's not attached to our banking or anything. They've obviuosly used another's banking details.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.