Scammers gonna scam

klyll
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to get my money back, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.  

I have a band who was contacted via email by "WiFi PR Group"  They offered services for promotion and an album review gauranteeing at least 15 sources would also review our album. Also, as part of this deal they were to include one of our songs on a compelation disk to be passed out at NWNE.  At first I was aprehensive, but after talking to "Alisa St.Rock" on the phone I really thought this was legit.  Ya... the name should've been a red flag... she was convincing... I was excited... I got scammed.  She asked me to fill out a bunch of forms and questionaires, send mp3's, photos, and of course send the payment via paypal.  After I sent the payment all communication stopped. I searched online and found others who've also been scammed by this company.  I always thought paypal would be on the buyers side if anything went wrong... not in this case.  I filed a dispute and escalated it to a claim but, because I did not purchase a physical item, it couldn't be tracked and therefore payments for intangible, digital items or services are not covered.  

So my claim is now closed and the seller can just carry on their merry way scamming people to their hearts content?

I'm upset that I fell for this scam.

I'm upset that I can't get back my $XXX

But mostly I'm upset that this person just gets away with it....

What else can I do?  What else can paypal do to stop people like her?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you fund your paypal payment with a credit card?

If so then contact your card issuer and see if you can do a chargeback. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

klyll
Contributor
Contributor

No!  Stupidly I linked my PayPal to my bank account 😞

Login to Me Too

default_name
New Community Member

My band got hit by these guys a few months back as well. Exactly the same story you've described. Pretty positive we're not getting our money back, our PayPal dispute got dismissed for the same reason as yours, "Payments for intangible, digital items or services are therefore not covered.". If anything I just want the word SCAM to be associated with WiFi PR Group in case any future bands get the same offer and are smart enough to do some research before hand.

Login to Me Too

Dunkstin
New Community Member

literally impossible to get in touch with them. I am a paying customer of the so called "service" and wifi PR won't answer any form of communication even though your voice message says they will call back within 24 hours or one business day I have yet to receive a single call from you after weeks of waiting for a call back... JESSICA REBELO/WIFI PR don't answer your e-mail either. THIS ONLY OCCURRED AFTER I PAID. Jessics Rebelo/WIFI PR were pretty **bleep** quick to answer me before I paid though. That all changed once they got their slimely little hands on my money. CHECK OUT THE RECEIPT I RECEIVED ONCE I PAID (notice the random profanity in this "so-called" receipt... ) Hi Dustin: Enclosed. Is the invoice for your campaign. It includes: 500 **bleep** contacts, custom email pitch delivered to booking contacts, campaign set up in MailChimp. Please remit payment upon receipt. Thank you for your business! PR Campaign $249.00 Besides the fact JESSICA REBELO waited so long to send out any emails, more than half of the press releases she sent out said it was too late to apply for the gigs now and/or was the wrong e-mail address to send anything to begin with... OR wasn't even a valid email address!! I could get more responses and gigs off emailing 500 of my grandma and sisters friends than what she provided. WIFI PR/JESSICA REBELO's whole operation is a scam, and as a person one of the worst I have ever had to deal with in this business. I contacted others about WIFI PR as well- EVERYONE has had issues. This scam company needs to be driven into the ground and the whole internet needs to know about them so no one else falls for it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.