Another scammer on gumtree/PayPal scam

Amyw2323
New Community Member
Recieved an email from tomand801 @ gmail.com another scam email address. Do not click on the PayPal link. Definitely a scam. Thanks for getting back to me, i just want to make sure nothing has been left out and just so you know i am buying it as a gift. I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for. Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well. I will arrange with a shipping company to have this picked up at your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment. Am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls is restricted and i can ONLY DEAL VIA PAYPAL as i don't have access to my bank here and i don't have online banking, so you can send me your PayPal email address so i can send the money at once.... Really getting fed up of all these scammers!!!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amyw2323

Yes this scam is all over this board and the internet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ami2212
New Community Member

Thank you for posting this, I just had the same email and was dubious about accepting a payment over paypal for a car someone has not viewed! 

Login to Me Too

sh99
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience today offering to pay full asking price for my car via paypal from a "sarahaxon02 @ gmail.com" thanks for posting this to make others aware! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.