So I got scammed.

JayBeeGlass
Contributor
Contributor

Tottaly got scammed by someone.

Went to sell them an item and did not recieve payment.

Did the dance with paypal phone customer service.

Filed a claim like they suggested.

So a tiny bit of weight off my shoulders but....

The buyer and the fake paypal email are still messaging me.

Im not sure if I should demand the item I sold back or just ignore them completely and let the IFC handle it.

I plan on leaving it be unless suggested otherwise. I want to demand my Item but that makes me think that they will panic and really go off the grid with my stuff. I figure if i leave it alone they will be none the wiser giving the IFC a chance to get at them. Really I just want my item back so I can resell it cus im almost sure this guy isnt gonna pay me.  I have a little hope because the guy isnt US based and my item was only shipped to a third party in TX so theres a chance the IFC will get ahold of them and maybe get my laptop back....maybe.  This is litterally my first time selling something on the internet. I thought I was scam savvy but I guess not. If anybody out there more experienced know more about how these situations go down I would appreciate it if you could give me a yay or nay on the IFC being any help. Honestly if Im just boned out of my item and my payment id like to know that way I can just move on. Dwelling on it sucks. 

For those who give a hoot I was selling my late fathers gaming laptop worth 1200 new a few years back about 800 now with the wear and tear and age. 

I was selling it to upgrade to a desktop pc so i can become a streamer, do better graphic design, and all around upgrade. However not knowing how paypal normally works I sent the item without getting payed.

I received emails from a fake paypal email asking for the shipping info and once thats confirmed I get my money. So I gave them the tracking #. Well a week later playing back and forth with ACTUAL paypal reps via messages I am pretty sure Im scammed and I call the customer service center. they confirm these emails are not from paypal and send me to the claims stuff. Now the guy is emailing me saying he spoke to paypal and they are gonna fix it [BULLSH!@] and I got an email from "paypal saying it was an accounting system error [more BULLSH#$] and that they will be depositing it ASAP. 

Be carefull this holiday season everyone. Scammers just dont GAF.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JayBeeGlass
Contributor
Contributor

meant IC3 NOT IFC

Login to Me Too

ahough1971

HI ALL,

AS I HAVE SOME GENERAL INFORMATION TO HELP ALL THOSE PEOPLE OUT THERE, WHOM HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY FABUK LIMITED ONLINE I HAVE DECIDED TO POST HELP. AS OF THE 19TH DECEMBER 2017 I NOTICED A PAYMENT OF £35.00P TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AND I AM BAFFULED TO FIND OUT HOW THEY GOT MY VISA DEBIT CARD DETAILS. AS OF NOW AFTER CONTACTING THEM THEY STILL REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE HOW THEY GOT MY VISA DEBIT CARD DETAILS. TO ALL WHOM HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THESE PONDLIFE, THE PHONE NUMBER TO RING AND DEMAND A REFUND IS 0870 042 0843 A YANKEE VOICE ANSWERED MY CALL AND I JUST TOLD HER THAT FUNDS HAD BEEN TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND REQUESTED A REFUND, I THINK THIS COMPANY DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS IMMORAL OR ILLEGLE AS THEY SIMPLY JUST APPLY A REFUND WHILST YOU ON THE PHONE TO THEM, HOWEVER IT IS WORTH RINGING A DAY LATER TO JUST CHECK THAT THEY HAVE PROCESSED THE REFUND!!!! COMPANIES LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK, THAT IS WHY I HAVE POSTED ON PAYPAL IN ORDER THAT ALL WHOM HAVE BEEN SCAMMED CAN RING THE ABOVE NUMBER AND GET A FULL REFUND!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY - MERRY CHRISTMAS ALISON 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.