Scam Email regarding payment to Skype Inc

Pam06
New Community Member

Paypal users please beware of a scam Email regarding payments to Skype Inc.  I have just received an Email supposedly from Paypal regarding payment for 3 months subscriptin to Skype Inc.  The Email states that if you have not authorised this payment then please click on "cancel payment" button.

Please ignore this Email as I do not believe this is from Paypal as it does not state my name, ebay membership or Email address as the recipient - it simply welcomes the Paypal Client.

Also when I clicked on cancel payment it redirected me to another site which I immediately closed without entering any personal details.

Thanks Pam

Login to Me Too
170 REPLIES 170

mwrmoore
New Community Member

I too recieved this email today, am going to ignore

Login to Me Too

jezebel65

I got one of these emails too. Nearly caught me out too as i have MS & my memory isnt good. Went into my paypal account to report it but when i needed the transaction number & there wasn't one & neither was my name etc on the email i then realised it was a scam email...easy to get caught out though.

Login to Me Too

TBDquilling
New Community Member

I too am disabled. I keep a list of places where I have ordered things and the payment info. I download it from paypal everyday.

Login to Me Too

Mummyof3861
New Community Member
I to have recieved this email I clicked on cancel payment and was re directed to a sight in a different language I closed it straight away I hope none of my details etc could have been got from clicking cancel payment???..and checked my PayPal to see if any payments had gone out and nothing.
Login to Me Too

ruah
New Community Member

Please be advised this scam is still active as I have received a number of these in the last few weeks

Login to Me Too

johncarrington
New Community Member

Me too, saying second user requesting access.

Dear PayPal Customer,

You have added ****** as a new email address for your Paypal account.

If you did not authorize this change, check with family members and others who may have access to your account first. If you still feel that an unauthorized person has changed your email, click on restore account PayPal and follow the next steps.

Restore Account PayPal

NOTE: For security reasons, we will record your ip-address, the date and time, Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and indicated.

Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporary suspend your account.

Login to Me Too

imp1949
New Community Member

I have also received this email this morning from a random address and like everyone else it has nothing to do with me.

Is there a way it can be reported to PayPal?

Login to Me Too

FSH
Contributor
Contributor

suze57
Contributor
Contributor

I rang Paypal and they asked me to forward the email to spoof@paypal.com then delete the email

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.