Receiving unsolicited phone calls from Paypal UK number 02086100150

CGLondon
Contributor
Contributor

I am being currently harrassed with daily calls from this number and messages are being left on my voice mail with a request to call back. At the moment I do not have any open cases nor is my account in arrears. I picked up the first call some weeks ago and the first question the person on the phone asked me was to confirm my email address. As I did not have any open issues nor had I request a call back, I refused to provide confidential information - specially as I had not requested Paypal to contact me. To the person on the phone I said I would need to receive an email from Paypal, to which he responded I would be receiving one shortly (which has not happened).

This number is now blocked and any voicemails will be deleted.

STOP CALLING ME!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CGLondon
Contributor
Contributor

As an FYI, according to the answer I have just received from Paypal's customer service, that number is a fake. So you have just recommended that a customer calls back a scam...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I truly appreciate your time of having this reported to us about the phone calls your receiving advising you that this was a call from PayPal.

Please be advised that the phone calls you've been getting from this that UK number 02086100150 is fake. Glad to know that you have already blocked the phone number of the caller.

I’ve checked your account you are absolutely correct. Your PayPal account is in good standing and you do not owe any amount to us.

There is nothing to worry as your PayPal account is perfectly safe.

I don’t see any indication on your account that the security was compromised. I can give you a guarantee that the phone calls you;ve been getting was not in any way connected on your PayPal account. These are just hoax calls luring you to reply on the email with your personal details.

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention.

Yours sincerely,
Joyce Ann
PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CGLondon

Well pointless telling us all that as no one on here is phoning you, why not tell customer services?

However that number is to do with debt collections so you may owe paypal some money, if you don't phone them and sort it out then you may well have debt collectors banging on your front door or place of work.

Personally I would prefer a phone call.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CGLondon
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have to know - actually I cannot know - who is calling me as the voicemails only say "this is Paypal, call us back" and the caller refused to disclose what the call was about the one time I talked to them.

If you are frustrated and / or not having a good day, I'd suggest you do something more original than lash out at a customer

Login to Me Too
Solved

CGLondon
Contributor
Contributor

As an FYI, according to the answer I have just received from Paypal's customer service, that number is a fake. So you have just recommended that a customer calls back a scam...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I truly appreciate your time of having this reported to us about the phone calls your receiving advising you that this was a call from PayPal.

Please be advised that the phone calls you've been getting from this that UK number 02086100150 is fake. Glad to know that you have already blocked the phone number of the caller.

I’ve checked your account you are absolutely correct. Your PayPal account is in good standing and you do not owe any amount to us.

There is nothing to worry as your PayPal account is perfectly safe.

I don’t see any indication on your account that the security was compromised. I can give you a guarantee that the phone calls you;ve been getting was not in any way connected on your PayPal account. These are just hoax calls luring you to reply on the email with your personal details.

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention.

Yours sincerely,
Joyce Ann
PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CGLondon

See post below Mr Rude.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CGLondon

Seems you may be wrong  >>

http://contactcustomersupport.co.uk/paypal-customer-service-numbers/

PayPal Collections0208 610 0150

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.