PayPal is ruining my life, and they don't care... What can I do?

wilks3y
Contributor
Contributor

Right, here goes:

I need a PayPal account for eBay, as I've started selling a service.

I had a PayPal account around 3 years ago, which was fully verified. However, I lost access to that account: 

I tried to reset my password using the online form, however I get presented this error:

""" Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link

If you were in the process of buying something, or sending money to family or friends, we recommend you check both your PayPal account and your email inbox for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, you may want to return to that site (we advise that you don't just use your browser's back button) and restart your activity.

If you stumbled upon this page from the PayPal website, simply click the PayPal logo in the top left corner to return to the UK home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

If you wish to sign up to PayPal, please click the PayPal logo and then click the “Sign up” button. """"

Which is a silly error to give when requested a password reset.

So I rang them, to try and get my account bank. however they wouldn't send me a password reset form to my e-mail. So I told them my account has been hacked, but the only way to get your hacked account back is confirming the account details, which I'm told are not correct. I'VE NEVER CHANGED BANK ACCOUNTS IN MY LIFE.

I said right, scrap the old account and link my new account to my bank. No problem PayPal said, we went through the process and he said keep an eye on your statement for a code. Which I did, however an hour later I got an email saying the bank is linked to another account. NO **bleep** PAYPAL. So I can't link it to my new one.

Please somebody tell me what the hell I can do, I need this to work, I'm loosing valuable trade and business.

Please someone help me, PayPal won't.

TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE, PayPal were on Watchdog last night for this very reason....

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE HELP ME I'M SO PICKLED AND UPSET AND FRUSTRATED I JUST WANT TO USE EBAY AND PAYAPL

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well it wasn't the same reason was it, those people on watchdog had had their accounts limited for whatever reason whereas you lost your own sign in info.

There are a few things i can suggest.

To regain your old account can you not possible go through the passwords you may have used and try them?

If not phone paypal again and ask if they can regain your paypal account via the security questions.

If still no luck and you want to open another account then that is fine but you are only allowed x1 personal account and x1 premier / business but if you are going to be selling on ebay then i guess you would want the latter anyway now.

But you cannot have the same bank account on x2 paypal accounts UNLESS x1 is personal and the other premeier / business so have you opened a premier account? If you have and the other was a personal account then try adding it again.

But if that fails you can still have a paypal account by adding a card but that won't help when you want to withdraw funds out of paypal so you may need to open another bank account to do this.

Oh one final thought, if none of that works try cancelling the direct debit between you and paypal and when you do that sometimes paypal will remove the bank account from that paypal account as the debit mandate has been cancelled > then you could try adding it again to the new account and re-setting up the direct debit mandate. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wilks3y
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Let me begin by saying I HAVENT lost my info only my password. But It appears I've been hacked.

I've tried EVERY single password I can think of, trying Caps and Non Caps variations.

I said to the guy on the phone, can't I use my Security questions, he said that the bank details were the questions.

I asked if even my name was the same, he wouldn't say.

I'm sorry, but PayPal need to sort their **bleep** out, I have to open a new bank, because PayPal are ridiculous?

No wonder the twats were on watchdog.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wilks3y
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome for what?

You've done nothing, you've told me what I've already done.

What the hell is paypal about ? They KNOW and ADMITTED my account has been hacked, but won't even send me a request to my email?

Their website won't allow me to do it.

Holy crap what is this about, I'd stay clear of PayPal if eBay didn't FORCE you to use it.

They need be on Crimewatch not Watchdog.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What did i do?

I took the time to answer your post.

I gave you a whole list of "ideas" to try and regain your account.

I edited my post when i thought of something else that may help you.

I can only give ideas and as i don't work for paypal have no idea what you have or have not done.

All someone can do on this board is post ideas to "try and help you" and for that MOST people say thank you.

Others like you....don't.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wilks3y
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not meaning to take my frustration out on you. For that apologise.

But I think this is beyond a joke, its hard enough to even ring them, you have to get a code etc etc.

So irratated.

Can you not understand what I'm saying though, They've agreed that its been hacked but they're quite happy to leave my bank account details in the hackers hands?

I don't get paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes i understand your frustration, i would have smoke coming out of my ears as well and as you say paypal customer services are not the brightest lights in the harbour.

But we are limited on what we can advise here and if i think of anything else i will add it to this thread.

I have already done a search of the board for other ideas for you.

However please read through again my list of suggestions especially the removing your direct debit mandate at your bank and maybe something will work.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wilks3y
Contributor
Contributor

Nono I appreciate your help I do.

Unfortunately its things I've tried.

I will speak to my bank, they will know if my Bank is linked to any PayPal service right?

I will also open a new bank (wanted to move anyway)

Then try again I guess. 😞

THANKS THOUGH IM SORRY FOR GETTING ANGRY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.