My mum is locked out of her account

Lizzie3
New Community Member

Can someone suggest how I can help my mum. She has a Paypal account set up years ago. A relative recently sent her some money to that account but she forgot her password. When she goes through the password reset process she has to enter a code sent to her email, which is fine. But then there is a secondary security process where they call the phone number on your account and you have to enter the code shown on the screen. The only number on my mum’s account is a landline number from years ago which is now disconnected. So while Paypal may be calling it she is unable to answer. We cannot get past this security stage and mum is locked out of her account. Attempts to call Paypal just result in an automated message telling us to do what we have already tried.

Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lizzie3

This is the importance of either keeping your paypal account contact information up to date or closing it if you are not going to be able to do that.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

They may or may not be able to help her re-gain access, if they can't then you need to contact the person that sent the funds and ask if the payment has 'completed' or if it is 'pending / unclaimed'. Then come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.