Charities - Dual Authorisation of Payments

GavinP1
New Community Member

Hi, I am Treasurer of a Scout Charity. Currently with our bank account we have dual authorisation set up on all payments (online and by dual signature by cheque). Can a paypal account provide this so that a payment for example has to be approved by a second person before it is completed?

Thanks

Gavin

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PMPSurvivor
Contributor
Contributor
I would be very interested to know this as well.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this. If there is dual authorisation on a charity, you can open a Business PayPal account and then select Non-Profit/Charity as the business type.

Once a business account has been created, you can then add additional users on the account as aliases. You can add up to 8 different aliases on the account and if needed, the alias can call or reach out to PayPal if they have any queries on the account and we can discuss the information with them too.

This can all be done through the Settings page on PayPal.

At this time, there wouldn't be any facility in place for a second person to approve a payment before a payment completes processing. However, you can restrict permissions that can be granted to aliases on the account through the Settings page too.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.