Why are eBay transactions coming across without a valid telephone number?

kbuchholz1107
Contributor
Contributor

Transactions we receive from eBay transactions are coming across without a valid telephone number, which our database requires before we can process a shipment, thus delaying our shipment while we have to go back to eBay and do a Customer Contact Information request.  Yes, transactions from our webstore sales have the customer's telephone number.  Why is that?  What do we need to do to get valid customer telephone numbers on ALL transactions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have never seen a phone number of Ebay buyer on any sales,since most packages are shipped as cheap as possible,aka USPs FIRST CLASS,phone number is not necessary.

Plus buyers do notwant to give seller their phone number,they may never order from the same seller again.  

Login to Me Too

kbuchholz1107
Contributor
Contributor

That is a very myoptic view.  Maybe most of YOUR sales might ship USPS FCM, but there are thousands of us whose sales are shipped via other carriers.  USPS is NOT always the least expensive; as a matter of fact, FedEx and UPS are cheaper for larger, heavier packages much of the time.  ALL of my eBay transactions were coming across with phone numbers (as long as the buyer provided a phone number to PayPal) until recently so something has changed with eBay/PayPal.  Like I said, my transactions through my webstore always come across with a phone number (again, if the buyer provided it to PayPal, the majority of which do).

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why dont you post your question on Ebay seller forum,there are many Ebay sellers there.

I have been selling on EBAY since 1990s,USPS first class,prIROIRTY,intl express ,never recall seeing a phone number and dont really need one,unless it is going overseas with priority or express.

I myself do not want to give my phone number to Ebay sellers,thats just me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.