Problem getting ebay to use paypal

Finis
Contributor
Contributor

Why am I having trouble paying for ebay item with Paypal? I have entered my info and it acts like it is going to work then it says payment option not available contact paypal. Seller has contacted me and offered to send invoice to paypal instead of going through ebay. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if he sends you a  PAYPAL invoice,make sure he described the item,then you get paypal buyer protection good for 180 days,

the difference with ebay and paypal for u is ebay gives you 30 days but seller pays return shipping,domestic order if item not as decribed,while Paypal you pay return shipping.

ebay customer service is better than Paypal 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to link your Paypal account with your Ebay account in My Ebay

Login to Me Too

Finis
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all the advice. Unless things have changed recently like in the last 3 weeks I have not had any problems paying for things from ebay with paypal. Just looked at his feedback and this may be his first time selling but he has good communication so problem may just be he isn't setup quite right. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.