Ebay shipping charges not deducting from PP balance

parkandcity
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my bank account this morning, and noticed that all of yesterday's ebay shipping charges were deducted from that account, instead of my paypal balance. I have only ever had this happen before when my paypal account was empty, but I have more than enough to cover these charges. There was no need for paypal to hit one of my backup funding sources. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Judilee
New Community Member

The same has happened to me this week.  I wonder what's going on???   It's very annoying.  PP tells me the $ amount available to transfer but they have not deducted my shipping label.  I have a feeling it's so they can hold onto my (opur) money for a few more days.  They make a lot of interest on it and we get **bleep**.  

Login to Me Too

parkandcity
Contributor
Contributor

It happened to someone else I know yesterday from a selling discussion board, too. I was able to fix the problem by revoking the Ebay Shipping, Inc. billing authorization in paypal, then reinstating it in ebay. 

What if I didn't have the money in my bank account, and each charge resulted in a $35 overdraft fee by my bank? So glad I had the funds to cover it.

Login to Me Too

bshrek
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing is happening to me.  Starting Monday afternoon I noticed a shipping charge was not being shown as being deducted from my Paypal balance, and then the next three labels after that.  I found out that the funds were being charged to my bank account which only had .26 cents in it.  This would result in $100 in overdraft fees.  In a panic I transfered 10.75 from my Paypal balance to my bank without thinking it would take 2 or 3 days to complete.  So, this morning I brought the necessary amount to the bank hoping it wasn't too late.  The lady told me my transfer did go through before the shipping label charges were deducted, so no overdraft fees.  I'm not having any problems making purchases at the store with my card.  In 2 days it will be 10 years that I've been an ebay member, and no problem like this before.  I didn't change any settings, or anything.  I hope Paypal fixes this problem

Login to Me Too

TSpsych
New Community Member

I have been having the same issue! I checked my setting on eBay and on Paypal, nothing as been changed. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

bulldogger5
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I had the same problem my ebay charges were taking out of my bank account instead of my paypal.Lucky I had some cash in the account to cover other wise the bank would hit me with a $35.00 charge.Is their a solution to stop this from happenning.Yes I did have enough money in my paypal account.I though all the charges were taking out of the paypal account.Help

Thanks for any help someone can give me.

Login to Me Too

imati
Contributor
Contributor

I also experienced this as well. Last 2 days worth of shipping charges were deducted from my bank account instead of my available paypal balance. Very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

imati
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with PayPal. She knew right away what I was talking about and said they are working on the issue. She said it was a bug where eBay shipping payments were ignoring the PayPal balance and being deducted from the bank account balance.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@imati wrote:

I just got off the phone with PayPal. She knew right away what I was talking about and said they are working on the issue. She said it was a bug where eBay shipping payments were ignoring the PayPal balance and being deducted from the bank account balance.

so it is an Ebay problem?

then Ebay should reimburse your for the NSF $$

Login to Me Too

island9999
New Community Member

Its Tuesday April 11th and they still have not fixed the issue of not taking shipping directly from PayPal Balance when there is enough funds

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.