Ebay shipping charges not deducting from PP balance

parkandcity
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my bank account this morning, and noticed that all of yesterday's ebay shipping charges were deducted from that account, instead of my paypal balance. I have only ever had this happen before when my paypal account was empty, but I have more than enough to cover these charges. There was no need for paypal to hit one of my backup funding sources. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Aerin_S
Contributor
Contributor

Just spoke with PayPal. They still don't know when the problem will be fixed, but since I don't want postage coming from my checking account, she was able to change my backup funding source for eBay shipping to a credit card. 

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

To all who are experiencing issues on PayPal. Please be advise that PayPal does not have the best system. They have been having so many shipping issues & for months have been saying that tech team is on it. For many months now, alot of sellers are not able to ship via First Class Mail through PayPal. Now, sellers are having issues with how their being charged for their shipping method. It seems that when it comes to shipping wise, PayPal is not all so great with this. Also, for the funds availability pending program PayPal is not all so great with it. When it comes to something that involves eBay in the system, PayPal seems to have alot of issues with it. ~AG.

Login to Me Too

RamblinMan
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same issue for over a week. So there is nothing that I can do to resolve this problem? Just wait for PayPal to fix?

I've talked to PayPal CS. No help there.

Login to Me Too

SARAS5179
New Community Member

This problem is happening again. It works correctly sometimes and sometimes it does not. I cannot determine the pattern. During the day today, it worked correctly. At night it did not. To IT: Could it be a file problem?

Login to Me Too

yob8
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me and after 3 phone calls and 8 hours of waiting all I got was a letter to hand to the bank stating everything was my fault.  I'm almost certain I had enough in my PP account to cover the previous shipping label costs (which I selected to pay after funds were made availble), and completely certain I had the funds to cover the funds that were instead deducted from my bank today.  Something tells me this wont do much to get my $140+ in overdraft fees waived.  At least the letter will work to start a fire in a hobo barrell after I lose my bank account and find myself homeless. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.