Ebay Paypal Payment reversed -- what?

omnome
Contributor
Contributor

Hey! Im new to Ebay and Paypal, i just sell collectables, and home products from my house- and i just got a Message from Ebay through Ebay about a mayment being revered, and i do not know what it means or what to do. is it a scam or is it legit? 

"We are writing to alert you that your balance is not paid, because PayPal declined eBay's attempt to deduct your payment from your PayPal account.The payment failed because PayPal has indicated that the agreement authorizing payment to eBay needs to be updated. 

In order to update your agreement please select the link below or cut and paste it into your browser. "

i really have no idea what to believe, please and thank you for your help ❤️

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@omnome wrote:

What? no not at all, i noticed paypal would take money out of any transactions i made and figured that is how they did it- i didnt notice any thing on ebay that said they would bill me. 

Also im new to all of this, please be patient with me. What is an invoice? 

when you sign up on Ebay and list item for sale,notice before you submit the listing,there is a line which said listing fee -Free or like 10 cents??

this would be the listing fee charged by Ebay

then when the item is sold,look into your ebay seller account,Ebay charges a FVF final value fee on the item sold,usually 10-12%,if you charge shipping,then there is also FVF for the shipping fee which is charged when you print a label on Ebay./Paypal for that item .

When the buyer pays you via Paypal,Paypal also charges  you a fee which is taken out of the buyer payment,it is 30 cents plus 2.9% of the total payment or 30 cents plus 3.9% for overseas payment.

so when you sell something,you are looking at 2 sets of fee you will be paying,one to Ebay and one to Paypal.

Ebay will charge you once a month,it looks like you owe Ebay $98 somthing dollars.

ifyou go t o My Ebay/account,you will see the detail charges .

This is how Ebay and Paypal pay their bills,from providing a venue for you to sell and provdiing a payment method for y ou to collect payment

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@omnome

It means Ebay tried to invoice and collect payment for your monthly Ebay fees but your agreement was not set up properly.

Have you changed a card in your paypal wallet or similar?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Go to MY EBAY,account and see how you are set up to pay your Ebay bill.

You can also make one time payment using a credit card or Paypal.or even mail a check.

Login to Me Too

omnome
Contributor
Contributor

It says :

Latest invoice amount  (Mar-15-17) :US $6.37

but then it says :

New activity not yet invoiced:US $92.12
Current Balance: 

US $98.49

😞 does this mean i owe them 100 dollars? why??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@omnome

Well you said you SELL on Ebay didn't you?

So did you think it was free?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

omnome
Contributor
Contributor

What? no not at all, i noticed paypal would take money out of any transactions i made and figured that is how they did it- i didnt notice any thing on ebay that said they would bill me. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@omnome

Ebay and paypal are 2 separate companies and their FEES are listed at the bottom of both sites pages.

You pay Ebay to advertise and list your item..............paypal sends a request for payment ( an invoice ) every month for your Ebay fees.

You pay Paypal to be able to accept instant payments from buyers including from credit cards...............paypal take their payment instantly from your buyers payment and credit the remainder to your paypal balance.

You really should read up on FEES and selling before you list items for sale otherwise its a nasty shock   Smiley Sad

Ask anything else i am around a bit this evening and if not may log on in the morning, family tasks permitting.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@omnome wrote:

when you sign up on Ebay and list item for sale,notice before you submit the listing,there is a line which said listing fee -Free or like 10 cents??

this would be the listing fee charged by Ebay

then when the item is sold,look into your ebay seller account,Ebay charges a FVF final value fee on the item sold,usually 10-12%,if you charge shipping,then there is also FVF for the shipping fee which is charged when you print a label on Ebay./Paypal for that item .

When the buyer pays you via Paypal,Paypal also charges  you a fee which is taken out of the buyer payment,it is 30 cents plus 2.9% of the total payment or 30 cents plus 3.9% for overseas payment.

so when you sell something,you are looking at 2 sets of fee you will be paying,one to Ebay and one to Paypal.

Ebay will charge you once a month,it looks like you owe Ebay $98 somthing dollars.

ifyou go t o My Ebay/account,you will see the detail charges .

This is how Ebay and Paypal pay their bills,from providing a venue for you to sell and provdiing a payment method for y ou to collect payment

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@omnome wrote:

It says :

Latest invoice amount  (Mar-15-17) :US $6.37

but then it says :

New activity not yet invoiced:US $92.12
Current Balance: 

US $98.49

😞 does this mean i owe them 100 dollars? why??

you march invoice is 6.37,

since march 15,you have sold somethings so you owed Ebay 92.12.

but what ebay wants is for you to pay your march invoice of 6.37,the rest would be in your april 15 invoice,

try to pay the march bill now,use one time paypal payment  

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi omnome,

There is no way that you couldnt have know that eBay works this way. When you link you PayPal account with eBay then it allows you to put up 1 item for sale. When you try to put up anymore items it wont let you list it & it tells you that you need a debit/credit card linked with your PayPal as it would be considered as a backup method for your seller fees but it does not mean you will be charged on your backup method unless needed. This also goes for the shipping agreement as well. When you try to ship with eBay it will tell you the same thing. You also get montly invoice messages sent to your inbox on eBay stating your invoice & how much you owe so the fact that its up to $100, i have no idea how you failed to see those invoice messages in your inbox but you managed to see this particular message sent to you not too long ago. Keep in mind that if you dont pay off your seller fees then, they will place your account on hold until you pay it off & they might send your account into a collections agency. From what i can see, as of now you just owe those $6 & the $98 has not yet been added to your invoice yet but that will be next. Also, if you are just a casual seller & dont have enough to pay these exspensive fees then, please try not to use so many selling tool features such as making you title bold & enlarging your photos & adding secondary category etc. When you use these tools, it tells you next to them how much each feature is worth. Pay your seller fee OR if you dont have enough at the moment then your account will be on hold until you pay it off then, once you do your account will be reinstated. I strongly recommend that you read eBay's user agreement which you signed & agreed too & read there rules & polices as they are very strict here & if your account gets placed on hold too much and/or you violate any polices, they will restrict your selling abilities & the internal team WONT overturn that final decision as they dont care what your story might be or how badly you beg. Consider this an official warning & again please read their guidelines & get familiar with the site and/or call into eBay & speak to the 'Trust & Safety Team' as their the ones who create the rules & enforece them & they might help you out by verifying your account as well. Hope i helped clear things up for you. Best of luck to you & your business here on eBay & you have a good one! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.