Chargeback Scam on Digital Items...

False_Sensei
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty new to this seller stuff and I need help.

So I got two buyer chargbacks on my account recently for some digital items, the stuff was sent through the eBay message system.

I don't have a track number so I am **bleep** on that, the only information I could provide was order details and info on the buyer.

From what I can find on the buyers they have some similar traits, both eBay accounts were created a day or two before my listings went up, both accounts also say Russian Federation as there location, but they have a US Address listed in the eBay order details and on PayPal, if there actually from the US then why does the disputed money show up as CAD for one and EUR for the other.

So that's it, will PayPal back me up or did I lose already?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@False_Sensei

You should really read up on seller protection before you start selling.

There is NO paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

where they are and where they register and what currency do not come into seller protection,you get no seller protection for digital products because you have no online viewable tracking which shows it has been delivered to the buyer address on the payment notice.

you can report them to Ebay,they may be on Ebay radar already 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.