Very very tricky German situation!!! HELP

LoveR32
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought this item, a 1:43 diecast from a German Seller(I´m in Germany as well). When it was delievered it was broken as **bleep**, the wheels came off the tires, mirrors are smashed. So I try to build a claim which the seller would agree to refund me once I return it. And becuase this is Germany which uses the DHL, it might be much harder than you think. To file a claim with the DHL you must return the damaged item to their office which they will later send back to the sender(seller) alongwith the refund. But the tracking number for which the item return from DHL to the buyer doesn't exsit!!!! Therefore I cannot really provide a real tracking number for the return process, therefore the seller may claim he never received the return item which he probably is doing by not confirming the return or replying to me. Also, I began to suspect the seller dilerbatlely sold me a damaged item since diecast should not be broken like that even with the worst shipping company in the world!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I would file a claim with Paypal for item not as described and when PAYPAL asks you to return the item,it will give you seller address(not DHL),go ahead and use that address to return to seller with tracking.

Once tracking shows delivered,Paypal will refund you the original payment.

Nevermind filing DHL claim,let the seller figures how to do it,you dont have to help him.

Login to Me Too

LoveR32
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is I have already gave the item to DHL.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

try to get it back,else you just have to wait for seller to settle with DHL and then return your money.

Login to Me Too

LoveR32
Contributor
Contributor

It's DHL, they don't even know where the package is. I guess I made a big mistake this time. Not sure what will happen if the seller never confirms he received it.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is an EBAY transaction,right?

If this is Ebay USA,when you file a dispute of item not as described,Ebay will send you a shipping label to return the item,once tracking shows it has been delivered,.Ebay will refund you in full and charge your seller for the return shipping.

The return label is the same as the one seller uses-same carrier,same method  but with him as the recipient and you as the sender.

Dont know how it works with Ebay Germany.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.