seller did not respond within the period given and the status is now being reviewed by paypal

Emma72
Contributor
Contributor

i opened a claim fro reciving an empty box and seller was given 10 day to repond and the last day was yesterday 11th of july 2016 and he did not respond and the status of the claim has moved from Awaiting other party's response to being reviwed by paypal.  And i have been told that they will contact me by 9th August 2016. Am i just have to sit and wait that long?. and do have i a chance of getting back my $245 dollars because this doent seem seriously at all. 

please need your advise people..

regards

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
When you dispute something in PayPal the money should be put to hold so seller doesn't have it and you don't have it. I guess you'll have to wait or ask them if solution could be found sooner. Do you have any kind of proof that the box was empty, like unboxing video? If you don't then maybe PayPal is trying to get the other party to respond and hear him about the transaction.
Login to Me Too

Emma72
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have any video for unboxing. I just have have the box. My worry is I have have already waited. For 2 weeks and they are telling me to wait for another 20 something days when the seller can't even respond.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

when seller fails to respond by a specific date,he/she automatically loses the case,a Paypal robot will close your case and refund you in full,you should get it before August 20,robot does not take coffee break and work 24/7.

or you can call Paypal and ask if they can close it now for you

Login to Me Too

Emma72
Contributor
Contributor
I thought once he has failed to respond within the period the case gets Closed and they refund but why is the case goin on? This is not fair. And so they will also tell me to send back an empty box with my own money?
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Emma72 wrote:
I thought once he has failed to respond within the period the case gets Closed and they refund but why is the case goin on? This is not fair. And so they will also tell me to send back an empty box with my own money?

yes,it is my understanding if seller does not respond by a certain date,the close will close and buyer will get his money back,are you sure he did not respond,did you look into case detail? 

you can call Paypal and ask them.

is it a lot of money?

Video and pictures prove nothing ,but filing a report with the carrier -USPS,or Fed exp ,UPS,they will look into it,could it be someone within the carrier stole the item or seller sold an empty box,and it would help your case that you have filed with your carrier.

In some cases,buyer may file police report,not sure if your case warrants police report,but you should file with carrier,or may be it is too late now 

Login to Me Too

Emma72
Contributor
Contributor

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just curious,do you stil have the box,what is the weight and postage paid? 

Login to Me Too

Emma72
Contributor
Contributor
Its a lot of money $245. I still have the box. The wight is about 0.2 kgs. Its to light for an iphones 5s with all the accessories.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your jpg is not showing.

Anyway,the thief is not very smart if the postage and weight do not agree with what the iphone and accessories should weigh.

Did you upload to your case? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.