ebay coupon

drmickducks
New Community Member

I received a coupon from ebay for $10.  I used it to buy an item on ebay on October 1 (it was not expired) and my paypal account was debited for the the full amount of the purchase, even though it says coupon on the invoice.  I keep checking paypal to see if the $10 credit is going to show up, perhaps in a separate transaction, but it has yet to appear.  I have also checked my ebay invoice to see if there is maybe a credit there instead, but there is not.

By the way, attempting to communicate with paypal is extremely difficult!  I clicked all the HELP, CONTACT, EMAIL buttons on their site, and it keeps giving prompts that are completely irrelevant to the topic of coupon issues.  Also, why doesn't Paypal offer a transaction record that includes daily balance information....?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drmickducks

Normally with coupons the full amount shows in your paypal account (as the seller gets that amount) but the deducted amount is taken from your funding source ie bank account or card.

Have you checked those funding sources to see how much was debited??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.