ebay and paypal

b-g
New Community Member

I sold an item on ebay and buyer paid via paypal, but it doesn't show up.  At his end it says that seller (me) hasn't accepted the payment yet.  Where is it?  Also, paypal message says I neeed to upgrade to business account to complete transaction.  Why?  .  I have no business, so don't want to do that.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your buyer could be paying with a credit card and there are credit card fees involved.

Since you are selling for profit,upgrade to business account . 

Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Is business account needed to receive payments via credit card? If so then I'm fine with my personal account, I also don't have business and if I can avoid chargebacks that's also great. Then again, stuff I sell is cheap so anyone willing to try scamming via chargeback must be desperate.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

best is to go to PAYPAL website and read about the two accounts.

if you sell and accept Paypal payment,you have no way to stop buyer using his credit card to pay you,then you end up returning his payment and asking him to use paypal fund or bank transfer.

If it is on Ebay,Ebay will someday suspend you from selling on Ebay.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@b-g wrote:

I sold an item on ebay and buyer paid via paypal, but it doesn't show up.  At his end it says that seller (me) hasn't accepted the payment yet.  Where is it?  Also, paypal message says I neeed to upgrade to business account to complete transaction.  Why?  .  I have no business, so don't want to do that.  Any ideas?

SELLING IS BUSINESS,YOU HAVE A BUSINESS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.