ebay payment transaction

LGH13
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made 2 purchases on ebay.  I usually use my PayPal account but for these purchases I purposely clicked 'use credit card' instead of 'use PayPal'.  I didn't take notice of the first transaction when I saw it on my credit card statement but noticed today's purchase that stated "PayPal *name of sender*".  These purchases do not show on my PayPal account nor do I figure they should because I didn't effect payment to ebay using PayPal. 

Just curious as to why my credit card statement shows PayPal.

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

all EBAY SELLERS who accept Paypal payments will show up in your statement as PAYPAL * seller ID because individual sellers have no way to accept credit card,it is paypal who charges your credit card and once the $ is collected,it credits seller Paypal account/    

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

LGH13
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

lancelotme wrote:

all EBAY SELLERS who accept Paypal payments will show up in your statement as PAYPAL * seller ID because individual sellers have no way to accept credit card,it is paypal who charges your credit card and once the $ is collected,it credits seller Paypal account/    

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Login to Me Too
Solved

LGH13
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

lancelotme wrote:

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.