eBay refund, Is it possible to get refund faster?

Adamg10
Contributor
Contributor

I got a refund on eBay yesterday after buying the wrong product, I saw that PayPal didn't touch my money in my bank for the whole day so I went ahead and bought what I actually needed (I assumed they wouldn't touch my money since I got the order cancelled a few minutes after I made the order).

Now I checked my bank account before I went to work and I see that I have a balance of negative 50 dollars. I know PayPal takes about 3-5 days to get my refund and 4-7 days to put in my bank account but I really need my money sooner because the bank is not happy right now.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable and asking for my money in my bank now, I just want to know if there is a way I can expedite my refund so I can get my money back into my bank account and I have them out of my hair.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adamg10

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.