Refund [Temporary on Hold] HELP?!

Rop89
Contributor
Contributor

Heres my issue, I don't quite understand whats going on.

Basically I use a specific account to meet all my ebay needs, purchases, and selling items etc. Anyway on the 17th of May, I purchased an item, relised it was not the item I wanted and so asked for a refund the same day. The seller issued the refund that same day also. Anyway, later that day I bought another item for a simular price (A few pounds here or there). I only had enough money to buy the item once the refund had been completed. Anyway, I have just recieved an E-mail from paypal stating I owe them £86.00. This just is simply not right, I had enough money in my account to purchase the second item (After my money was refunded). Anyway I looked at my transactions and it says my refund is "Temperory on hold" but I don't understand what that means. Its been several days since. I have then proceeded to check my bank account, and the money I should have left is in there. 

To sum up:

Purchased the wrong item on: 17th May

Asked for a refund: 17th May (The seller issued the refund on this day also)

Paypal are saying I owe them £86.00: 23rd May

What is going on, do I just need to wait, and it will sort itself out or... Help?!

Additional Information 

Original Transaction  Date  Type  Status  Details  Amount  17 May 2013 Payment To anna tatlock  RefundedThe seller has refunded this payment in full. Go to the transaction details to see the payme...
The seller has refunded this payment in full. Go to the transaction details to see the payment method that was refunded.
 Details -£82.50 GBP    Related Transactions  Date  Type  Status  Details  Amount  17 May 2013 Add Funds from a Bank Account  CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
 Details £82.50 GBP   17 May 2013 Refund  Completed  ... £82.50 GBP   17 May 2013 Temporary Hold  PlacedPayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with fu...
PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.
 Details -£82.50 GBP 

Sent by:   XXXXXXXXXX Email:   XXXXXXXXXX Total amount:   £82.50 GBP Fee amount:   £0.00 GBP Net amount:   £82.50 GBP Refund:   £82.50 GBP to PayPal balance

Date:   17 May 2013 Time:   17:50:04 BST Status:   Completed

Subject: 

XXXXXXXXXXXX has just sent you £82.50 GBP with PayPal
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.