Paypal won't let me pay for my items

Rjb98002
New Community Member
I've been using PayPal linked to my eBay account for years. 4 days ago, paypal suddenly decided my debit card could not be used to complete transactions. I'very done a lot of online shopping lately so I thought it was a security thing with my bank. Called arvest, card is good, balance is more than sufficient. Went back to eBay app. Still wouldn't go thru. Went to eBay directly in the browser. Still wouldn't go thru. I finally had to pay for it with a different confirmed account in paypal. I read the help Faqs, added and confirmed the arvest account directly, verified that all the info paypal and eBay have is correct and current, card doesn't expire for over a year. Won an auction a few minutes ago, tried to pay with the arvest card, paypal says the card can't be used. Tried to pay with the verified arvest account, paypal keeps reloading or saying server not available. Tried to pay with previously verified account at another bank, says payment pending but can't be verified then it's immediately canceled. So what gives? It's not the card, it's not the bank, and it's not the other bank. I've checked all 3, done all the troubleshooting steps, but it won't pay for my items. Anybody know how to fix this?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Tim000009
New Community Member
I am having the same thing happened to me
Login to Me Too

MRINXSIVE
New Community Member

I'm having the very same Issue with paypal and Ebay not sure what is going on but I have an Error code 601 come up ??

I've tried to pay with paypal and a visa/debt card and both will not work ??

I emailed paypal about this problem and got no help at all ?? what is going on ???

24 May 2016  England

Login to Me Too

polyanna73012

Was this issue ever resolved? I have had problems with my paypal credit anywhere! I owe no balance and have credit available and all day today I have been trying to make purchases on ebay and keep getting denied. It got through one time and only part of my order was processed. I called in and the customer service rep couldnt give me an answer as to why i couldnt use my credit. She said there was no holds and no problems on my acccount. She could see that my purchase was getting blocked in their system for review and told me to link a debit or credit card to my account and it should work, so I did  and it didnt work. Then she told me it would just take a while for the system to process the review and to give it time. She had no idea what was wrong. 

Login to Me Too

irategem40
New Community Member

I have been having the same problem. It started a month ago. I could'nt pay for an item. Now again I can't pay for a purchase on ebay. I keep getting a message that my payment cannot be processed. I have sufficient funds on my card so I don't understand the problem. I called CS and they told me it was a problem on their server that they were trying to resolve. She told me things would be working properly in an hour. That was over five hours ago and the problem is stil happening.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.