Paypal holding funds until packages delivered, Shipping included What am I supposed to do?

jdlc433
New Community Member

I have had an ebay account for years, I just made my first ebay sales and am recieving payments to paypal. Because I am a first time seller they are holding funds until packages are delivered. The problem is that the shipping is substantial and is being held as well. How am I supposed to ship the items when the money to ship them is being held for 21 days until the packages are shipped, My shipping cost on these items is over $400 and I don't have the money to ship on hand. I was counting on using the shipping payments included in the sale to pay the shipping cost.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you're stuck, if you can't complete the deal, the only option left is to refund the buyer.

Login to Me Too

Buyorsell888
Contributor
Contributor

If you use eBay Shipping they will release funds up to $15 per payment/shipment to pay for the labels.

Otherwise, if you cannot afford to ship, you should not be selling on eBay

There is no way around the new seller hold. You cannot wait 21 days and then ship. They won't release the funds without proof of delivery and your buyer won't wait that long either.

IF you refund the buyer he can neg you, he can ding your DSRs and he can report you to eBay as a Non Performing Seller.

Login to Me Too

lit549

i guess paypal just does what they want with our $$ now! bs!!!

Login to Me Too

cchampsports

Unfortunately Ebay has no integrity when it comes to serving its customers. What they do not understand is the SELLER is the customer not the buyer. The seller is the one that gets hits with all the fees. Basically the Seller makes or breaks Ebay. Unfortunately most sellers do not understand this either.

Anyway I have been in the same situation as you are speaking of, except I am not a new member. Also I have 100% positive feedback from all my customers. Yet EBAY decided to place a hold on my account because of their dashboard tool that is inaccurate. After being treated very rudely by EBAY customer service and unable to speak with a higher up supervisor they merely hung up on me, yes hung up on a customer. Basically what I have done is sent messages back to my buyers explaining that their item was ready to ship however EBAY refused to release their (Buyer) money to me the (Seller) so that the item could be shipped.  I explained that it is 100% EBAY holding their funds for an item they paid for.  I copied the noticed from Paypal that said it would be released in 21 days then gave the number to Ebay to the customer for them to call Ebay if they wanted the item to be shipped.

If Sellers want this glitch in Ebay policy fixed they need to fight back and have buyers fight back until it is changed. Once again SELLERS make or break Ebay. If we dont sell they go broke.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@cchampsports wrote:

Unfortunately Ebay has no integrity when it comes to serving its customers. What they do not understand is the SELLER is the customer not the buyer. The seller is the one that gets hits with all the fees. Basically the Seller makes or breaks Ebay. Unfortunately most sellers do not understand this either.

Anyway I have been in the same situation as you are speaking of, except I am not a new member. Also I have 100% positive feedback from all my customers. Yet EBAY decided to place a hold on my account because of their dashboard tool that is inaccurate. After being treated very rudely by EBAY customer service and unable to speak with a higher up supervisor they merely hung up on me, yes hung up on a customer. Basically what I have done is sent messages back to my buyers explaining that their item was ready to ship however EBAY refused to release their (Buyer) money to me the (Seller) so that the item could be shipped.  I explained that it is 100% EBAY holding their funds for an item they paid for.  I copied the noticed from Paypal that said it would be released in 21 days then gave the number to Ebay to the customer for them to call Ebay if they wanted the item to be shipped.

If Sellers want this glitch in Ebay policy fixed they need to fight back and have buyers fight back until it is changed. Once again SELLERS make or break Ebay. If we dont sell they go broke.

You are not a new member ?????

Then you should know that if you use Ebay shipping the postage funds are released from the held funds for postage up to $15.00. for each package

Login to Me Too

cchampsports

Yes, however I have choice of how I perfer to ship. My company ships directly thru PAYPAL and not thru Ebay Ship.

You see that is my choice, EBAY has no right to say how I ship items. Bottom line they do not control my business, they have no right to hold money that is NOT theirs. If custumers have issues with sellers that is what the feedback is for. Ebay uses a dashboard that does not take into account other things involved in the transaction. Sorry if you work for EBAY but yur policy hurt both BUYERS and SELLERS.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

SO paypal has no right to control "Your" business, but you have a right to tell Paypal how to do theirs.

If you use "Paypal" shipping the postage will have to be paid with funds that are not held. 

Then after the Postage is paid, Paypal releases that amout. 

Login to Me Too

cchampsports

LOL. Really? Do you really want to go there.

Look ADMIN, the case is realy simple. The item was purchased by a BUYER from a SELLER. EBAY is a middle man which the SELLER uses to list their item. EBAY takes a percentage from the sale plus listing fees. They do not have a legal right to hold the money or force the SELEER to ship thru them. Bottom line is it is not EBAYS money to hold. Nothing else really matters.  There no intelligent reason for them to hold the money. Unless they are doing something illegal with it. Sorry ADMIN, NO REASON. A BUYER bought the item a SELLER sold it Ebay collected their fee, Payal collected their fee, the only thing that needs to happen is the Seller collect their money and the buyer receive their item. Unfortunately EBAY and EBAY only is stopping that.

If you do not like factual information no one can help you. You are merely fighting to protect a company with BAD policy. Keep doing your job and avoiding the bottom line. But I do not have time to waste on an ADMIN trying to protect the wrongs from companys like EBAY. LOL. Keep fighting the fight.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Who's an "ADMIN" ????

So everyone that reads the user agreement and comprehends it is an "ADMIN".

You might want to read up on the user agreement of some of the other money transfer companies. 

Two of the other major ones have roling reserves.

Their legal right is spelled out in the user agreement, again the one you agreed to.

You don't have to use ebay shipping, you can still use Paypal shipping or who ever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.