Multiple Unauthorized eBay Shipping Transactions

smokeywins
Contributor
Contributor

As of June 30th I now have about 14 eBay Inc Shipping transactions that I did not authorize. Each transaction shows a USPS tracking # which does not match up to any of the items that I have sold on eBay in the past few weeks. The kicker is when you click on the link within the transaction to Manage Your Shipment, there are no related transactions in my account. Go figure. I have since submitted disputes about each transaction and I am very upset with the fact that the small amount of funds I had available in my account went to fund what is apparently shipping labels for someone else, currently to the amount of $108.70.

What frustrates me most is all these transactions are set to withdraw from my savings account, which is used to pay off credit card debt, and having just lost my job I do not want to be out over $100.I have since changed my paypal and ebay passwords as well as security questions on both accounts, and still the charges continue. I have also canceled my billing agreement with eBay shipping as a last ditch effort in hopes that these shipping transactions will finally stop.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Ivebeenhacked86
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know why your reversals were denied.  In my case, there was an obvious trail of evidence which proved that fraud had occurred.  You may need to submit additional evidence to PayPal to show that you were simply a victim.  The money trail might be a good start.  Who actually received the funds?  Also, examining the eBay shipping labels for the name and address of the package recipients could be useful, as well as the USPS tracking information which shows where the packages were dropped off (assuming the labels were actually used) and where they were delivered.  I would think that a Russian destination would be a red flag if you are not in the habit of shipping to that area.  It could also be that the person reviewing your case wasn't aware of the ongoing problem with fraudulent eBay shipping charges.  Talking to a more experienced customer rep might help.  Hope this helps ...  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

bellag
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks... I called and the rep I talked to said I was right and it should not have been denied.  He opened an appeal for me and I HOPE this is resolved in the next few days.  *fingers crossed*

Login to Me Too

bellag
Contributor
Contributor

Oh and the reason it was denied was that the IP address logins were all mine.  But the rep said it was all done via eBay and they did not actually access Paypal....  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.