Linking ebay to paypal

Ashleypashley
New Community Member
How do I link my ebay to paypal account? I need to do this to bid on things.
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Ashleypashley -

Welcome to the Community!

You can link your PayPal and eBay accounts by first logging into your eBay account.  Then go to My eBay > Account > PayPal Account > Link My PayPal Account.

Log into PayPal (use your PayPal password), then click Link My Account.  Last, click Return to eBay to finish the process.

You can link up to 8 eBay user IDs to your PayPal account.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Ashleypashley -

Welcome to the Community!

You can link your PayPal and eBay accounts by first logging into your eBay account.  Then go to My eBay > Account > PayPal Account > Link My PayPal Account.

Log into PayPal (use your PayPal password), then click Link My Account.  Last, click Return to eBay to finish the process.

You can link up to 8 eBay user IDs to your PayPal account.

Thanks!

Adrian

Hi Paypal_Adrian !

I am a newbie to Paypal and have learned so much reading through the Questions and your replies,

You answer the questions so even us newbies can understand... Your step by step instructions are awesome   !!

And this subject I was also wondering about.. I have seen in several places to link your eBay account and

your Paypal account..  but my question is..  What is the purpose to link them and  is it a requirement to link them to be able to buy off eBay with your paypal account ?  and last...  how do you know if your eBay & Paypal accts are linked... I have done so many things...  I am not even sure If I have done this step...

( I have not done a Paypal/eBay purchase yet).... 

Thanks  Jean      Woman Happy

And keep up the great work... 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi JeanQA!

Thank you for the kudos, I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

There are a few reasons why you would want to link your eBay account to your PayPal account. 

The ones that most come to my mind are if you have a PayPal Debit MasterCard and are applying to earn 1% cashback; or, if you're receiving an error that you need to be Verified to list or purchase an item.  Linking the accounts can help clear that error up. 

Some members also like to link their accounts so that they can import their shipping addresses from PayPal directly into eBay. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian !!

Thanks for the quick reply !!!!! ... wondered why, and what you say makes sense.  When eBay and Paypal accounts are linked,  can I still use this Paypal account on other sites to make payments,   like drugstore.com and other sites that take Paypal for payments?  

You're Welcome for the Kudos...  Congrats on 200 !

Jean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

JeanQA -

Thank you again!  Tethering your PayPal account to your eBay account won't prevent you from using it anywhere else - you can shop to your hearts content, wherever PayPal is accepted Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PP Adrian

I linked my eBay and Paypal Accounts using your instructions in previous post.  First in my eBay account>Link My PayPal Account.- then it took me to my Paypal account and clicked the link to my acct there... then back to eBay to finish the linking.  Said it was successful... and when I look in My eBay  to>  Account to> paypal account... It says my eBay and Paypal accounts are linked... 

But.. when I log in to my Paypal account  > profile>selling tools>eBay ID-Link my eBay ID to my PayPal account.- Update > It says eBay accounts top of box... but nothing is listed there for my eBay account... do I have to manually click the add button and add my info??  OR was it supposed to enter automatically when I did the Link?  I don't want to manually add it if it intends tp pop in from my linking the 2 accounts...  

Thanks !  Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

JeanQA -

It sounds like you discovered one of the different versions of linking eBay to PayPal.  The particular section you're looking at is our storage of the link (not eBay's).

It's only necessary to fill out on this side if you're applying for 1% cashback or you'd like to set up some customized end of auction emails when selling on eBay.  You can also mark your auctions that you prefer PayPal through this process, but when you do link via eBay it won't be noted here - only directly on your eBay account.

Thanks,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

ok... Even though I followed your step by step from eBay to Paypal back to eBay to finish...  I don't remember

actually adding Any eBay info  on my Paypal account...  But as you say, if it says in  My eBay that the accounts

Are linked... I should be ok...      You don't know how tempted I was to click that add button  on the Paypal page. Smiley LOL

Thanks Adrian so much for all your help....

You really earned all those Kudos  !!

Jean      Woman Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Aw, thank you Smiley Happy That is something about buttons, though isn't it? When they're there, I know I always want to click them!  

As for linking it on the PayPal side, it certainly wouldn't hurt anything, but it just won't  be necessary until you're ready to take some of the other products out for a drive Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.