how to turn off currency conversion

marialap
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Some of the payments coming into my account (USD) are automatically converted into local currency.

Could anyone advise me how to disable this feature? 

Preferred currency is set to USD.

I`ve contacted technical support twice, but got no answer.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to Summary > Seller Preferences > Block Payments 

Under, "Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:"

Select "Ask Me, decide accepting or denying each individual payment"

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

marialap
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for reply.

But I see that this option is already ticked.

Login to Me Too

Andy90
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem. Preferred currency was set to USD and I got payment in USD, but it was automatically converted to the local currency by Paypal... How do I disable this nonsense?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

try this

-tab=money

-balance manager

-manage currencies

-add currency

make primary 

You may not want to make US $ primary currency as all you payments MADE TO THERS  and request payments from others would all be in that currency,which means when you pay for something,you will be paying from your US currency account (if you are not in USA)    

Login to Me Too

Andy90
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for trying to help. From what I've found on other forums is that this problem occurs if you are not fully verified by Paypal - no bank account added / passport scan sent or both. So all incoming transactions are automatically converted to local currency. Your account currencies or primary currency settings does not matter.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Andy90 wrote:

Thanks for trying to help. From what I've found on other forums is that this problem occurs if you are not fully verified by Paypal - no bank account added / passport scan sent or both. So all incoming transactions are automatically converted to local currency. Your account currencies or primary currency settings does not matter.

I wonder what does not fully verified haev to do with currency conversion? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.