Updating my card reader

hbaalarms
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There my card reader states software update required I dont see how I do this - any help Thanks

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

hbaalarms
Contributor
Contributor

My card reader states " software upgrade required " and wont operate, how do I do this upgrade. I have looked at FAQs to be told connect to wifi but thats it, any help appreciated

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi hbaalarms,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your interest in using PayPal Here.

When you first connect your card reader to your mobile device, the message to update the software should allow you to start the process.

You'll want to make sure that the reader is charged, turned on and successfully connected to the PayPal Here app through the bluetooth settings on your mobile device.  It may help to plug in the reader before updating.  As you mentioned, you'll probably want your mobile device to be connected to Wifi for the update as well.

I hope this helps!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

peastyle
New Community Member

Hi there

Just received my new card reader and I'm setting it up - it asked me to update it ... . it's off and running updating - it's taking quite a long time .... how long does this process usually take, it's been about 15 minutes already

Thanks

Login to Me Too

JasonF
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, it comes up ready to accept payments and then quickly says "Software update Required". It sits there for a few minutes then powers down.

Login to Me Too

Jamielynn67
Contributor
Contributor

my card reader is stuck on update please help in the middle of selling!

Login to Me Too

Boom1

Frank - I've done what you suggest but all I get is 'software update required'. How do I actually start the process?

Login to Me Too

Dave1964
Contributor
Contributor

I was stuck also and just worked it out... hardly intuitive is it but here goes:

On your phone / tablet hit top left (...3 horizontal stripes - Menu button?)

Then hit Card readers

Then hit the name of reader (in my case PayPal 379 connected)

Then hit software update  and wait - toog about 4 mins in total

Best Dave

Login to Me Too

passionexpert
New Community Member

THANK YOU!  You fixed my problem.  🙂

Login to Me Too

kezza3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much Dave, this worked, I am now back in business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.