Says my phone number is not registered to me?

Ditta
New Community Member

I am trying to recieve a text so I can transfer money but its telling me its not my number? Our family has several lines so they are in my husbands name. How do i fix this?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Register your phone number in your name.  PayPal requires all related account links and phone numbers to be in the name of the account holder.

Login to Me Too

Ditta
New Community Member

Register it in my name through my paypal account or phone company? I have already confirmed my number through text when I added it to my account.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The phone number must be registered in your own name to match the name and address on your PayPal account.  You can't use another person's phone account.

Login to Me Too

Anna138
Contributor
Contributor
Not using someone else's account, have prepaid account and profile filled out by me but im having the same problem. And even though my current number is on the account, PayPal always wants to use my old number for this verification mess. I can't send or transfer money at all because of this and I am the ONLY account holder.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Ditta wrote:

Register it in my name through my paypal account or phone company? I have already confirmed my number through text when I added it to my account.

but it is not in your name.

Login to Me Too

dlmcnl
New Community Member

Same problem - and my phone IS in my name. I'm the only person on the account - both phone & paypal. And the number is confirmed. I also paid something else 1 week ago from the same account!

Login to Me Too

nkd
Contributor
Contributor

this is such a **bleep** rule. My family is on my account and everyone is running in to this issue. No one, I repeat absolutely no one makes this a requirment that the number be registered in your name. Why the **bleep** does it matter, does paypal expect all families to have individual cell phone accounts? Absolutely fricking ridiculous. Some of my family members can't use their paypal for purchases at times becuase of this. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just as PayPal does not allow you to share your PayPal account with another person, PayPal requires  all identity documents to be in the same name and address as the account holder.  It's all part of the identity and security model.

Login to Me Too

Wcreative3
My phone IS registered in my name. Most other people this is happening to also have their phone in their name so that isn't the problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.