Proof of Deliver for new Business Account

Misty0911
Contributor
Contributor

My new business account has been put on limited access, stating I need to provide proof of delivery.  Problem is I haven't shipped anything as of yet, as I just set up my at home business less than 24 hours ago.  How do I go about providing this information to release the status so I can start sending invoices and getting paid for products?

TIA

Misty

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Once you ship, you need to add the tracking number to the transaction record in your account Activity section.

Login to Me Too

Misty0911
Contributor
Contributor

Hard to ship the product if I can't get payment.  They have limited that so I can't do anything till these are completed.  

Login to Me Too

jms816
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck! They will tell you it's all for security or because it's in the user agreement. PayPal hurt my small business with their unfounded holds and bank transfers that tood 5 days! I am trying to get my money and get out - good luck to you becasuse PayPal does not understand small business financial issues and they just dont care about their sneaky practices hurting your business!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Misty0911

Please provide details from the beginning.

Did you offer something for sale somewhere?   If so, what and where?

Did you verify the sender of the email?  Are you absolutely sure it is from PayPal?  I think it's a scam.

PayPal does not require proof of delivery when you didn't ship anything.

Check your PayPal account for detialsl; do not rely on fake emails.

Login to Me Too

Misty0911
Contributor
Contributor

I was told to go to the resolution center.  I had several things that I needed to comply with, and just got an email that they are now wanting a copy of my drivers licesen as well as Business permits.  This is a a home based business.  I sell lipstick and beauty care for crying out loud, I don't need a business license for that.  I guess I should have just opened up a standard account, what a mess!

Login to Me Too

Misty0911
Contributor
Contributor

I am a distributor for a beauty care line.  I just got set up.  I applied for a business account to assist with invoices.  I set up account, linked bank information and activated my account.  I got an email stating they had to verify things before I could use my account and placed it on limited status until they were completed.  I was given a deadline to complete, and if not completed I wouldnt get full status again.  So going through the process one by one.  One thing they asked for is Proof of Delivery.  I haven't yet mailed anything as I just got started less than 24 hours ago.  

Now getting an email stating they want a copy of my drivers license as well a all my business permits.  This is a home based business and I am not required to do such a thing.  I would have thought when I applied and they asked how much in sales I would be doing a month, would be an indicater that I am not a large business...guess that I what I get for thinking!

I have my first customer, and need to send out an invoice for payment,but when will I get that money now that my account is on limited status.  This is a royal pain in the back side!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

OK.  So much was missing from your original post.

You opened a business account and you sold something.

This triggered PayPal to limit your account as you hadn't yet provided sufficient documentation.

Also, you will need to provide tracking to show your first sale was delivered; if you don't provide tracking PayPal will have more issues about your account and the buyer will reqests a refund for non-delivery.

You could see if it's possible to refund the buyer until you get your business and account straightened out.

As a business, even home based, you need to make sure you are operating according to local regulations.  Being a home-based business does not mean you can operate business without good business accounting standards and money mangement principles.

Your state likely requires you to collect sales tax; this means you would have your business registered. This is one piece of documentation to provide to PayPal.  For identity you'll need driver's license, bank account, SS#, and maybe a local utility bill.

There is a lot or risk with selling cosmetics online.  PayPal may require extra scrutiny.

Click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then User Agreement.  That contains a lot of information about policies, restricted activities, limitations, and holds.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

SHE HAS not sold anything or rather she has not received any payment.

she wants to send a paypal invoice,but Paypal restricted her account.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal supposedly asked for proof of delivery; this means there WAS a sale.  She only stated that she didn't ship anything yet. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.