No confirmation code for linking new card

Touf
New Community Member

Hello Community,

I recently had to add a new MasterCard to my account, as the old one expired. I received by email the request to confirm the card using the 4-digit code on my latest statement (and also the information that PayPal had charged me a small amount that would be refunded).

Problem:  no activity on my statement, no trace of the small charge,.... so no code.

This is going around in circles.

Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the credit card send you a replacement for an expiring card, the numbers remain the same and there is nothing to do with PayPal.  By trying to add a new card with likely the same number as previous you might have introduced a new problem.  In that case, phone PayPal customer service to fix it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you check you online activity for the card, not just the statement?

Did you get a new account number when the old card expired or was the new card just a physical replacement with the new date?

Login to Me Too

Touf
New Community Member

Hi DP

Yes, I checked online activity too.

I am not sure whether the card has exactly the same number as the previous one, but it was just a replacement because the old one was expiring. So I'm stumped.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the credit card send you a replacement for an expiring card, the numbers remain the same and there is nothing to do with PayPal.  By trying to add a new card with likely the same number as previous you might have introduced a new problem.  In that case, phone PayPal customer service to fix it.

Login to Me Too

Touf
New Community Member

I guess that was what I did. I should have just updated the old card with the new expiration date. 

It does look like the situation is confused. I can't call them until their offices open, in three hours.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.