Newbie needs help Please!

nicolejess1976
Contributor
Contributor
I just opened a new PayPal account ad I have fallen on hard times, a friend loaned me $85 to get by. I have set up my account the funds are there. I have added my prepaid Visa card which looks to be fine with the PayPal system. No need for verification according to the site. My question is how do I put this $85 onto my prepaid Visa debit? I'm a single mom and really need to get groceries ASAP. Thank you. Please make any instructions simple for a non tech savvy mom. Nicole xoxo
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Ranjit

Hi @nicolejess1976

You may login to your account and got to the Money tab, select Transfer money and your may select the option to where you would like to transfer.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

nicolejess1976
Contributor
Contributor
I logged back in to reply as I was really frustrated when trying to access emergency funds. I spent hours trying to get this set up properly, confirming my card, a prepaid visa debit through Green Dot Bank. A registered good account complete with a routing # etc. It was confirmed/approved with $0.10 and $0.17 and $1.95 sent back and forth. (although I have yet to get the $1.95 back) A phone rep took me through a ridiculous amount of steps only to tell me my valid approved confirmed account was not a usable option. I don't have a traditional bank account. I was lead to believe this was ok. This EXACT CARD/ACCOUNT was approved for a GoFundMe for my daughter earlier this year. I understand there are security issues to consider, but pre-paid reloadable cards are a viable form of payment ALL OVER! Don't bother asking someone to loan you money if this is your only way to access it. I returned the funds to my friend. If I WOULD have gotten funds when I needed them I could have traveled during the day instead of the emergency evening trip that resulted in a totalled vehicle and a dead deer. Thanks PayPal. Swell service.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.