N26 Bank Account with Paypal?

curious_reader
New Community Member

Greetings.

My question is directed at those who currently have --- or, had, at some point --- an N26 Bank account, and tried to use it with Paypal.

My Paypal account is based in Finland. 

I was thinking of opening an N26 account. I wanted to know if it is possible to link the account to my Paypal Account?

N26 is a German institution, but, from what I understand, their bank accounts are European --- meaning, they cater to all SEPA countries.

Thus, it shouldn't be a problem to add one such account to a Paypal account (as long as the Paypal account itself is also based in one of the SEPA countries) ?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we are not experts in European banking,why not try to link it and see if it works?

my guess is that it works better with a Finish bank,why not make life easy for yourself and find a Finnish bank.

If you are an American expatriate,link a US Bank

Login to Me Too

peeled
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it does.

You can link both , the mastercard and the bank account.

Funny thing is that when you link you credit card , and try to verify your card, PayPal buill 1,5 euro to the card and sends a verification code. With n26 you get the transaction containing the code immdeiately, and you just write down the code and hups! your card is verified and limts lifted on it.

N26 is a fully fledged bank. What you can do with your bank , you can do it with N26. One think you cannot do though, as far as i am aware, you cannot send international swift transfer outside SEPA zone using n26, not even to US.

The mastercard works seemlessly worldwide. There is no transaction fees or marginal charged to the card when paying with the card (which is always hidden and not mentioned with almost all other banks). The card uses mastercard transfert rates which is very hard to beat. I am saying this because when chosing which transfer rate to pick when purchasing  with PayPal in a different currency , always pick the one of the mastercard.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.