Locked out of Paypal account

DexStarr_
Contributor
Contributor

I went to log into my Paypal account one day and couldn't log in so I requested to reset the password.

I chose to receive an email with a verification code and put it in, then it asked me to answer my security questions which I made years ago and forgot.

I emailed [removed] as it was the only email I could find but I just received an automatic reply saying that they cannot reply to me because it was the incorrect email for support.

So I did as it said and went to Paypal>Conatact Us>Email Us but then it asks for you to log in, and since the whole reason I need to email them is because I can't log in I had to make a new Paypal account and choose 'Email Us'. They replied once but I think it was an automatic reply if it was it just showed me a few options to reset my password because it saw the keywords 'password' 'reset' I guess. now I am still waiting for a reply and I found this community and I hope someone here can help me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Next option would be a phone call to PayPal customer service and provide sufficient identifcation for clearance.

Login to Me Too

DexStarr_
Contributor
Contributor

There is only one option; security questions.

I guess I never set a phone number?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.