Linking without Cheque?

Ashsforever
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to link my account, however I do not have a cheque book. Is there any way I can hook it up without one? (RBC)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DJ527
Contributor
Contributor
Card numbers are not your actual account number. Card numbers are just linked to account numbers. So you'll need the actual account number whether is chdcking or savings and then the 9 digit routing number. It's called an ACH. It stands in place of an actual check as we progress with the times they made it easier for us instead of having to carry physical checks. Routing numbers are all public and you can google them. For example- I have key bank. I google key bank -western New York- routing number. So you would type in whatever bank you have and the area you opened it and it will provide u with your routing number. Account numbers are normally on statements, online banking or you can request it from your financial institution. They cannot give account numbers over phone you have to be in person with ID.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

savings account,debit and credit card.

Login to Me Too

Ashsforever
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I do that it asks for the numbers that would be on a cheque oppose to the actual card

Login to Me Too

Ashsforever
Contributor
Contributor

Wait where can I find the savings account option?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can enter your savings account as checking account,Paypal does not care.

Login to Me Too

Ashsforever
Contributor
Contributor

Thats not the issue, The issue is I don't have a cheque so I dont have the numbers it demands. Just the ones on my physical card

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you ask me about how to add savings account?

you can link a card,just choose the right option to add

Login to Me Too
Solved

DJ527
Contributor
Contributor
Card numbers are not your actual account number. Card numbers are just linked to account numbers. So you'll need the actual account number whether is chdcking or savings and then the 9 digit routing number. It's called an ACH. It stands in place of an actual check as we progress with the times they made it easier for us instead of having to carry physical checks. Routing numbers are all public and you can google them. For example- I have key bank. I google key bank -western New York- routing number. So you would type in whatever bank you have and the area you opened it and it will provide u with your routing number. Account numbers are normally on statements, online banking or you can request it from your financial institution. They cannot give account numbers over phone you have to be in person with ID.
Login to Me Too

Ashsforever
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a tad confused as to WHERE id find that account number? It isnt the ACH is it? And thank you so much! This helps so much thank you! 🙂 Ill have to go to my bank tomorrow to pick up my banking statement

Login to Me Too

Ashsforever
Contributor
Contributor

I'm now confused again, in order, can you please tell me the location of the three things (ACH thingy, etc)

Bank Transit (5 Digits)

Institution

Account number

I've tried reading your reply over and over, and I cant help but not understand what goes in each slot..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.