cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking without Cheque?

SOLVED
Highlighted

Linking without Cheque?

I would like to link my account, however I do not have a cheque book. Is there any way I can hook it up without one? (RBC)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Community Member

Re: Linking without Cheque?

Card numbers are not your actual account number. Card numbers are just linked to account numbers. So you'll need the actual account number whether is chdcking or savings and then the 9 digit routing number. It's called an ACH. It stands in place of an actual check as we progress with the times they made it easier for us instead of having to carry physical checks. Routing numbers are all public and you can google them. For example- I have key bank. I google key bank -western New York- routing number. So you would type in whatever bank you have and the area you opened it and it will provide u with your routing number. Account numbers are normally on statements, online banking or you can request it from your financial institution. They cannot give account numbers over phone you have to be in person with ID.
10 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

savings account,debit and credit card.

Whenever I do that it asks for the numbers that would be on a cheque oppose to the actual card

Wait where can I find the savings account option?

Volunteer Advisor

you can enter your savings account as checking account,Paypal does not care.

Thats not the issue, The issue is I don't have a cheque so I dont have the numbers it demands. Just the ones on my physical card

Volunteer Advisor

you ask me about how to add savings account?

you can link a card,just choose the right option to add

New Community Member

Card numbers are not your actual account number. Card numbers are just linked to account numbers. So you'll need the actual account number whether is chdcking or savings and then the 9 digit routing number. It's called an ACH. It stands in place of an actual check as we progress with the times they made it easier for us instead of having to carry physical checks. Routing numbers are all public and you can google them. For example- I have key bank. I google key bank -western New York- routing number. So you would type in whatever bank you have and the area you opened it and it will provide u with your routing number. Account numbers are normally on statements, online banking or you can request it from your financial institution. They cannot give account numbers over phone you have to be in person with ID.

I'm a tad confused as to WHERE id find that account number? It isnt the ACH is it? And thank you so much! This helps so much thank you! Smiley Happy Ill have to go to my bank tomorrow to pick up my banking statement

I'm now confused again, in order, can you please tell me the location of the three things (ACH thingy, etc)

Bank Transit (5 Digits)

Institution

Account number

I've tried reading your reply over and over, and I cant help but not understand what goes in each slot..