'Instant' transfer under review for security reasons.

nameoptional
Contributor
Contributor
This has been posted before with no solution in sight. Why would PayPal say they can transfer funds within a 30 minute time period then suddenly put it under review with no prior statement saying so? I need this money and the idea of having it as soon as possible was really important, if I knew it was going to take what some say up to 72 hours I would have just opted to do a bank transfer. I haven't seen a solution for this yet.... anyone?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cb32
Contributor
Contributor

I also wasn't expecting a 24 hour review when I tried to do an instant transfer.  I have done many instant transfers before today. 

The customer service agent was not helpful explaining why my "instant" transfer was under review, except to say that the reason

was because the last instant transfer was on January 12th, and that some how triggered a red flag. I too needed the $200 today.

Login to Me Too

jjacky23
Contributor
Contributor

updates on what happened to the funds guys? how long did it take for you to get them? my transfer is under review too

Login to Me Too

cb32
Contributor
Contributor

It took exactly 24 hours for my funds to be transferred to bank.  Last night I tried to do another instant transfer for $500 and that to was put under review for 24 hours.  Exactly 24 hours later the funds were transferred.

Login to Me Too

jjacky23
Contributor
Contributor

transferred to bank? or a debit card? also what happens if the paypal name and debit card name arent the same?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.