How to stop recurring payments

ronc0011
Contributor
Contributor

Well I’ve been at this for about an hour which is pretty ridicules in itself. I’m beginning to think it’s time to close out my Paypal account. Paypal’s only real value to me is the ability to prevent online merchants from automatically tagging me with a recurring payment. It’s a loathsome and despicable not to mention thoroughlydishonest practice.

In any event it appears Paypal has now changed their site intentionally making it more difficult to stop this kind of activity. And frankly I can only hope there is still some way to stop this payments.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Tombar
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyyone is looking for this 2 years later, it is now:

/t5/About-Settings/How-to-stop-recurring-payments/td-p/801420

Login to Me Too

jinlye
New Community Member

As of 4 September 2017, here's how it's done (each step requires a bit of a wait while the site catches up):

* Click on the cog icon, top right of your account page

* Now look for the menu strip that runs across the top of the page, second line down.  It says ACCOUNT - SECURITY - PAYMENTS - NOTIFICATIONS.  Click on PAYMENTS.

* Top section in the page now has a bit that says [Manage Pre-approved Payments].  Click on it.

* From the list of 'My pre-approved payments' (some of which will have you thinking 'blimey, I don't remember giving them permission'), click on the one you want to cancel.

* In the listing for that merchant, near the top is a row for 'Status', and a link for 'Cancel'.  Click that to cancel your continuous payment authority for them.

Surprisingly complicated for what should be a simple thing to do: stop people helping themselves to money from your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.