How to stop recurring payments

ronc0011
Contributor
Contributor

Well I’ve been at this for about an hour which is pretty ridicules in itself. I’m beginning to think it’s time to close out my Paypal account. Paypal’s only real value to me is the ability to prevent online merchants from automatically tagging me with a recurring payment. It’s a loathsome and despicable not to mention thoroughlydishonest practice.

In any event it appears Paypal has now changed their site intentionally making it more difficult to stop this kind of activity. And frankly I can only hope there is still some way to stop this payments.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

suetaylor56
New Community Member

I, too, was trying to figure out how to cancel a recurring payment.  I send a message to PayPal Support and the instructions sent to me were the OLD instructions...the My Money section no longer exists.  I finally figured it out on my own.  Profile, Payments, Preapproved Payments, select the subscription you want to cancel, Cancel and finally "Yes" to Cancel Confirmation.  Too much work, with no help from PayPal's Support.  😞

Login to Me Too

dscontroller
Contributor
Contributor

Well Done RedShoesGirl!  I've been trying to find this forever and hyour explanation did it for me.

Thanks Very Much.

@rsv44 wrote:

RedShoesGirl,

I just logged in to my account, clicked the cogwheel for settings, and under "Payment Settings" (bottom right) clicked on Pre-approved Payments. When I clicked on the company name to select one of these, the Subscription Details page which opens has at the bottom a section "Subscription Address" and below thta is a Cancel Subscription button.

Login to Me Too

alfi38
New Community Member

Thanks that was very helpful info.

Login to Me Too

Teepsy

The new website is not very easy to use.The profile icon is on the top right hand corner and looks like a cog shape.Click on that and then on payments,then lower down on the left hand side click manage payments.

When you left click a transaction you want to cancel it opens up the transaction details and if you scroll to the bottom there is a cancel subscription thing to click.Hope this helps all those people who have struggled to find the cancel repeat payments tool

Login to Me Too

Pennblogh
New Community Member

Meur ras,

Frank

Login to Me Too

oadbywonder
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought id up date this "how to" as its well out of date and doesnt work 🙂

Login to your Paypal account

Click on the clog/settings top right hand corner

Then go to payments on the second toolbar down

There you will see "Manage Pre-Aproved Payments"

Good luck

Login to Me Too

mandymacagain
New Community Member

I am posting this for US customers:

Click on the Settings icon (little cog wheel)

Click on Preapproved Payments under Payment Settings

That's all there is to it. And I agree with the OP, this is the number one reason I use Paypal.

Login to Me Too

jack29306
New Community Member

Thank yiou for your help.  When you say go to preapproved payments and click on it "thats all there is to it"   I still do not understand how to stop the payments.

there is nothing that i can find on my page that allows that option.  I know I am missing something, any ideas? 

Login to Me Too

Teepsy

See my post by Teepsy xx

Login to Me Too

pacman0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

1. Log in at the Paypal website

2. click on https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_manage-paylist

This link goes straight to the recurring payments list.

This is much easier than navigating to this place, the usability of the website is so bad that it is almost un-findable.

Best regards

Pierre

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.