How to stop recurring payments

ronc0011
Contributor
Contributor

Well I’ve been at this for about an hour which is pretty ridicules in itself. I’m beginning to think it’s time to close out my Paypal account. Paypal’s only real value to me is the ability to prevent online merchants from automatically tagging me with a recurring payment. It’s a loathsome and despicable not to mention thoroughlydishonest practice.

In any event it appears Paypal has now changed their site intentionally making it more difficult to stop this kind of activity. And frankly I can only hope there is still some way to stop this payments.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Nitro111
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Pierre,

I was about to give up until I read your post!

Regards,

Login to Me Too

Edwardd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , I paid for an online app subscription and each month they take me 3 dollars. For 2 months I sent them emails telling them to unsubscribe me but they don't respond at all !  When I go into Preapproved payments options, the seller I try to unsubscribe is not in the list.

is there another way I can do this ? how is this possible ?

Thank you !

Login to Me Too

rich2LA
New Community Member

Why should it be a buyer's responsibility to cancel a recurring payment??!!

I cancelled a subscription to VPM Partners LLC in March 2015. I assumed the company would stop billing me through Pay Pal. WRONG!! They billed me in April and did issue a refund. Then they billed me again in August and have never issued a refund. VPM Partners promised me a refund in August and then told me that I needed to stop the automatic debit, which I did. But I never received my refund of $1485. And because I gave the company the benefit of the doubt,  I'm now well out of the 180 window Pay Pay gives to file a complaint. The company has ignored every email request and Pay Pal says there is nothing they can do. 

B.S.!!! There is plenty Pay Pal could do. For starters, they could stop allowing VPM Partners to do business on Pay Pal. I'm out $1485 while the crooks are still allowed to do business on Pay Pal. So much Pay Pal's "100% buyer protection." They are full of you know what. 

I will never do business on Pay Pal again, nor will I do busines with any company that requires payments through Pay Pal. 

Login to Me Too

voxosoxo
New Community Member

insane navigation and probably deliberatley made that way....in the end i went back to CLASSIC VIEW...and cancelled the profile of the company

Login to Me Too

sforeman59
New Community Member

Depends if  you signed up as a guest member or not. 

I gave to a charitable organization and accidentally (when you are not reading!) signed up for reoccurring payments. I signed up as a guest and not under the actually pay pal account. You have to call them in order to get it shut off if you don't want reoccurring payments. Their number Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us". Mel was very helpful, and cancelled my reoccurring payments. From now on I will not do that, but go through my actual pay pal account so that I can track it. Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

EKrzak

To concel payments from SafeCart or any other for that matter see below. These are the steps you should take using the new look PayPal. I had to do this to prevent Auto-Renewal payments from leving my account to pay for a subscription to Spy Hunter 4. Apparently, when you purchase it is in the purchase agreement that there will be an auto-renewal that you can cancel at any time. I would recommend emailing both SafeCart Customer Services and Enigma Software AND cancelling the payment at your end, just to be sure.

1. Log into PayPal
  2. Click on the big cog at the top right
  3. Click on payments
  4. Click on Manage Payments
  5. A list will appear, click on the one which you want to de-activate in this case it is ‘SafeCart’
  6. Click on Cancel and approve it

Done

Hope this helps others.

EKrzak.

Login to Me Too

bopeltzman
Contributor
Contributor

If I click on CANCEL, it asks if I want to cancel the profile of the company. Is this how I cancel recurring payments? Not clear.

Login to Me Too

J20121
New Community Member

My problem too. Will you delete the company profile but keep the pre-approved payments? User friendly not.

Login to Me Too

MDAG
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure what a "big cog" is but I could not find anywhere a "payment" area.  I thank you for your response but I do not understand why is Paypal not responding to this and we have to struggle to get these automatic payments removed that were placed there by sneaky vendors.  Appreciate it very much if further explanation of the "big cog" so I can get rid of these automatic reoccurring payments.

Thank you,

Login to Me Too

Dantastic
New Community Member

This ^^^ is exactly how you do this now in the new UI. Holy smokes, not super intuitive, PayPal! 

Thanks for the help!

@EKrzak wrote:

1. Log into PayPal
  2. Click on the big cog at the top right
  3. Click on payments (on the horizontal menu bar)
  4. Click on the "Manage pre-approved Payments" button
  5. A list will appear, click on the one which you want to de-activate in this case it is ‘SafeCart’
  6. Click on Cancel and approve it

...EKrzak.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.