How to delete old addresses

bally1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have had a good bit of time spent on this today, and with alot of input from paypal (to no avail) I have sorted it for myself.

If you have loads of old addresses that are now redundant, this is how you get rid of them (its probably a bit long winded, but it is the ONLY way I have found to do it, not even 3 service representatives could do it.....). I will take you through baby steps (stick with me), its a bit odd, but it works.

1. When you have logged into paypal, click on the gear cog (near the log out button)

2. Your name then appears in big letters on the middle-ish of the page

3. Next to my name, it says "edit"

4. Click edit.

5. It will ask you if you want to change your name, click cancel

6. It will then take you to a more in-depth "My Profile" page

7. Third option down will be, "address" (Name, email, address). You can then see all your previous address and remove as necessary.

8. Ta-dah! It should now be only the addresses you wish to keep

I know its convoluted, but it worked for me. Good luck!!

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Wow would you not think they would make that page easier to find??

To have to click on cancel for it to come up seems bonkers.

You are the only one ever to answer that one, the answer i always give is contact customer services, now i have an answer.

Kudos to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bally1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Glad it will help some people out.

Login to Me Too

CrossBow777
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't work for me. My account actually shows 6 addresses. Several of them are copies with slightly different abbreviations..etc. However, when I click on the Edit option in the addresses box, it only then shows just one primary home address. None of the others from the previous page appear. I've also contacted their phone support to try and correct this without success.

My biggest issue is that my address says it is Confirmed Home address, but some vendors I still can't send money too, because I still get the "Need a confirmed shipping address" notification that pops up. There isn't anything I've found to correct this. I have two bank accounts linked and my one and only CC linked and I still have this issue as well.

Login to Me Too

bally1
Contributor
Contributor

When i get through to this page, I dont get an "edit" option. Instead, I get the option to "Update". Then when i click the update button it then says "edit" or "remove". At which point i obviously clicked remove. The only way i get the edit option is if i go the conventional route to getting to my addresses. Not in any way an expert, but the update way worked for me.

Not sure about the confirmed address issue you are having, sorry.

Login to Me Too

ldblake78
Contributor
Contributor
I can't find this way to do this
Login to Me Too

bally1
Contributor
Contributor
Which bit are you having problems with? Did you go through to the edit name option, and then the addresses didn't appear? Let me know and i will see if I can help
Login to Me Too

bod925
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the steps and now see all my old address, but the only one it will let me update is the current Home address at the top. I can only view the old address, not edit or delete them.

Login to Me Too

bally1
Contributor
Contributor

When you see your addresses listed,  if you click "update", does it not say "edit" or "remove" on these addresses? Thats what i can see, and thats how i deleted them. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

TerriH
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a little more info on this topic that I'd like to share.  I thought I had deleted all the old addresses a few months ago -- my current address was the only one that showed up on the main profile page.  Today, I used PayPal to make a purchase online, and it changed the shipping address to one of the addresses I thought I had removed!

I found your post, and found the secret profile page.  It still showed 11 addresses, but I got an error when I tried to delete anything, so I called Customer Support.  After fighting with the automated system for a while, I finally got a person and explained it to her, including how to find the secret page.  It took her a while, but she was able to delete all the old addresses!  Much happiness and cheering ensued.

So the moral of the story is that, if you can't delete them yourself, MAYBE an informed Customer Service person can do it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.