How to change name (just one incorrect symbol) - support didn't answer via email?

webdevalex
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dear Paypal Community Members!

I have a little problem here, hope you can help!

Few days ago I've linked my debit card with my Paypal account. And after I've found that I can't transfer money from Paypal to that card ("Sorry, we're unable to process your request. Please try again later."). I've cheked status of my card in Paypal - the card is ok for widthdrawals ("Accepts PayPal withdrawals"). And after that I've found that I have a little difference in my first name on card and in Paypal (last name is fine and the same on card and in Paypal).

On card my first name is Alexandr, in Paypal my first name is Alexander (check that "e" in the last 3 symbols of my name)... So I've opened Paypal settings and started name changing process. I've received an email with some ID (as I understand it's for email support) and little table with my old and new first names. And nothing more... After 3 days of wating nothing happens, my first name still the same. After that I've send email to Pyapal support via support form in the Paypal Help Center - and no reaction after 24 hours. I thought that Paypal support answers in 24 hours. Maybe I'm wrong and I should wait a little more?

Anyway could you please tell me what should I do in this type of situation?

Thank you very much for your response and help!

Sincerely yours,

Alexandr (or AlexandEr ^_^)

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Which is your correct name used on your birth certificate, ID, bank account and other legal documents?

If your credit card name is incorrect, then get it changed.

If you want to correct errors on you PayPal account you will need to phone PayPal to do that.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think you need to phone PayPal support to fix this.  It would be hard to to with documentation submitted.  All documentation including anything to show you live at your current address must match.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Which is your correct name used on your birth certificate, ID, bank account and other legal documents?

If your credit card name is incorrect, then get it changed.

If you want to correct errors on you PayPal account you will need to phone PayPal to do that.

Login to Me Too

webdevalex
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your quick response @DPCreations!

"Which is your correct name used on your birth certificate, ID, bank account and other legal documents?"

I've checked my passport (ID) and found that on card I have a correct version of my first name (without "e")  - Alexandr. But in Paypal I've used incorrect version Alexander (with "e").

So I need to change my first name in Paypal because on card I have the same first name as in passport (ID).

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think you need to phone PayPal support to fix this.  It would be hard to to with documentation submitted.  All documentation including anything to show you live at your current address must match.

Login to Me Too

webdevalex
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations

Thank you! I'm going to call support as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

webdevalex
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everybody!

So I called PayPal by phone. And PayPal agent solved my problems quickly.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Glad it worked.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.